Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

xmas volcanos for the twins!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 02:00 PM
IMPATIENT 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xmas volcanos for the twins!!

it was a big hit. redcat sells some great rc's imo, we've ran a qt thru each truck and they're both taking beatings like a champ!! only thing broken so far is a ant tube(my fault, lil hot in a turn,lol). no stripped spur gears, no issues period!!!!!!! break in was easy, the boys love em bashed allll morning and will continue for the rest of the day thanx redcat!!! and again, thanx for all those that helped me put these together for xmas! tom ethridge
Old 12-25-2008, 02:42 PM
natanddiane

Default RE: xmas volcanos for the twins!!

I am very happy you and your boys are enjoying the trucks. Merry Christmas to you and your family... and enjoy the kid's wonder, and remember your own.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:00 AM
IMPATIENT 1

ORIGINAL: natanddiane

I am very happy you and your boys are enjoying the trucks. Merry Christmas to you and your family... and enjoy the kid's wonder, and remember your own.

merry xmas to you and your's as well!

well, so far we're 3qts into these trucks we ran em hard alllll day long. only issue we've ran into is 1 of the volcanos has a weird issue where it'll just die sometimes, no reason, then its hard to start until its cool again. i changed the filter, stuck in a hotter new plug and it still does it. something with the carb tune, i'm almost sure of it. i didn't lean them out very much after break in. when you goose em, they take a second to get on the pipe and they'll smoke alil gettin there, so maybe i've got em alil to rich? we're almost outta fuel(i bought 4qts, thought we'd never get thru a qt before needing something i didn't have on hand) so i'd like to tune em in now. they idle'd alil high , then we finally seen the knobs on the throttle trim, back them down a bit and the trucks will come to a idle stop now. the 1 truck with the carb issue will die if you're stopped to long or hit the brakes to hard. overall i'm super happy with my purchase and i can tell ya the boys are stoked about em, they raced none stop all day around a beer can track i marked off for em. we've got a nice 2 acre side yard that i keep like a golf course, in the straight you can just throttle the trucks 100yrds before having to turn.some heavyyyyyy newbie 9yr old volcano racing today

spur gears/clutch bells, still perfect(i did as instructed , set proper clearence and loctited screws before the motors ever seen fuel), no broken wheels, no broken a-arms, no broken nothing. i'm alil dissapointed, i bought all these spare parts!

ok, can i buy em some 30-50% nitro fuel now? i would think 1 1/2qts of 20% thru each truck would be plenty of break in time, and was wondering since i'm about to buy a miss vegas nitro boat for myself, if i could just run 30% in both trucks and the boat?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:10 AM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id stay with 20% nitro...you will get more life out of the engines....as far as the one truck dieing at idle and when the brakes are applied your idle setting is off...you want the trucks to leave a nice lil smoke trail...if they dont smoke they are most likely to leaned out which means they are running hot and will shorten the life span of the engine...make sure they have a 1mm opening looking down in the carb with the radio gear on engine not running...and if the carb closes any during braking you need to adjust so that it stays at 1mm....

this should help ya out adjusting the carb
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11160.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1096725  
Old 12-26-2008, 02:27 AM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah, just open up the idle needle a lil bit, and richen the hsn a lil bit, and you should be fine. The engine is just getting a lil bit warm, and the throttle arm is closing off the the carb too much. Easy adjustment.