Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

How do you adjust brakes on volcano??

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

How do you adjust brakes on volcano??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 09:45 PM
boostnm3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you adjust brakes on volcano??

Well i finally had a chance to change out the clutch spring as well as reinstall the engine. Adjusted the carb and got the car started. It was running a bit rich when i first started it, and didnt want to really go. Leaned it out, and man that thing screams. Love it. Im glad i finally got to drive it somewhat hard after break in. I think the weather was perfect today. Was warmer. When i was having so many problems before the weather was very cold. I couldnt keep the engine running. When it is really cold, should you run the engine leaner or richer? Just wondering. Well the only thing im wondering now, is how do you adjust the brakes. Somehow i must have changed some settings. When i try to hit the brakes it just slows down but not right away. It doesnt lock up the wheels at all. What do i need to adjust to get it to lock the wheels up if i have to. I would like to be able to stop quick if i need to. Thanks in advance. This board is a big help with these trucks.....
Old 12-27-2008, 11:43 AM
perhamrocks

Default RE: How do you adjust brakes on volcano??

to adjust the breaks you can either screw the thing on the end the the rod coming from the servo, and if that isn't enough, then adjust the rod that is actually connected to the brake on top of the trans, you will have to move it either in or out, but i can't remember which. Then if that doesnt' work you will have to tighten down the hex bolts that hold the break pads, BUT JUST A LITTLE, if you tighten it too much you will lock the breaks up.

Then for your weather question. You will have to richen your veihicle in colder weather. I'm not sure about North Carolina, but Minnesota has constantly chaning weather and temps, so every time i go out i re-tune my truck that way it is always performing its best.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:11 PM
boostnm3

Default RE: How do you adjust brakes on volcano??

thanks for the response. i took the truck out today and ran 4 tanks through it. after tuning it a bit, the truck ran great. i got the brakes adjusted also. i played around with the tuning to see how it affected the vehicle. if i didnt have the setting right it would just die when hitting the brakes. after figuring it out, it ran great. i flipped the thing a couple times and still everything is fine. i think i cartwheeled 4 times, and the truck is still running great , no problems. im happy with it. just frustrating at first trying to get it running. this is my first nitro so its a learning process....