Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Some redcat questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:30 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some redcat questions

Hey guys, I have some questions about redcats...

Its possible I could be getting a tsunami in a trade, but im not sure yet, Id just like to ask some quesitons before i know for sure.

Do they have any real weak points, and how do owners of them like them overall? I would mainly be doing some bashing in fields, up hills, some high speed runs on the road, and some small jumps.

Also, where can parts be bought for them online that are in the U.S. so that they dont have outrageous shipping charges? Are there any online places that can get them? I just dont want something I cant get parts for. I dont plan to be breaking it a lot since i dont run them crazy hard, but id like to be able to get parts for it if i do get it, and happen to break it.

How does the motor hold up? Does it start well, and hold a tune pretty good? Any weak points in the drivetrain? Thanks everyone!

Eric
Old 12-30-2008, 10:34 AM
rclynx

Default RE: Some redcat questions

Its possible I could be getting a tsunami in a trade, but im not sure yet, Id just like to ask some quesitons before i know for sure.
Hope its not a trade for a cummins

Do they have any real weak points, and how do owners of them like them overall? I would mainly be doing some bashing in fields, up hills, some high speed runs on the road, and some small jumps
The only problem would be is its a 1/10 and they break much easier than 1/8 series / Darin has done a pretty good job working out the rough spots on his redcats

Also, where can parts be bought for them online that are in the U.S. so that they dont have outrageous shipping charges? Are there any online places that can get them? I just dont want something I cant get parts for. I dont plan to be breaking it a lot since i dont run them crazy hard, but id like to be able to get parts for it if i do get it, and happen to break it.
None of us plan to run into things and break but it happens, if you cannot resign to the idea that this Hobby costs a lot to be in then you need to build model cars and trucks. They only break when your pissed and throw it against the wall. As for parts I don't sell Redcat on line but you can PM me if you need something because I repair them for customers and keep a good supply of parts around. There are quite a few online sellers with good shipping prices, 3 of them on these forums quite often. Just do a little research you will find them.

How does the motor hold up? Does it start well, and hold a tune pretty good? Any weak points in the drivetrain?
The original VX18 is an alright engine. No one can complain about it because its a part of the Redcat package that lends to its good pricing. Darin / Redcat offers a great replacement price with an SH.18 engine thats an overall standard in 1/10 RC (doesn't get much better)

Good luck with your RC'en and hope to see you back on the forums and you should read back through these forums, they are a wealth of information about Redcat and many others. [8D]
Old 12-30-2008, 07:07 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: Some redcat questions

i have the truck versions now and i love em, they obviously wont hit a wall at full speed and survive but they work. i just bash around and they have been awesome to me