Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Avalanche - Monsoon

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 05:57 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avalanche - Monsoon

I bought a RedCat Avalanche off of Ebay about 2 weeks ago for $300 + all the extras. The seller sent me a Monsoon by accident and told me a few days ago the they would send me tires, wheels, shell and that would make it an Avalanche. IS THAT ALL that makes the two different? Well anyways I told them in the email that it would be fine and I would send the Monsoon wing, tires, wheels back to them. I could have sent the Monsoon back and have them send me the Avalanche but that would be about $70 for shipping and just dont have the desire to spend cash like that for a mistake a ebay seller makes.

also Loctite or Super glue on screws? or are they both the same? I've never used or heard of Loctite until i got into the hobby..

Peace!

~SoLo
Old 01-01-2009, 06:12 PM
amf66

Default RE: Avalanche - Monsoon

Do not use super glue on the metal to metal screws. Go to your local hardware store and get some blue (not red) thread locker. It doesn't have to be loctite, it just has to be blue thread locker. Do you have to send back the wing and wheels back to them? I'd keep them if possible. Be sure to thread lock all your metal to metal screws, set your gear mesh, and break it in properly.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

they are not the same vehicle. Yes same motor and same pipe and do have some similiar parts,but If you want a avalanche return it and get that. Just goto redcatracing.com and open up 2 pics one of each and look for yourself. They use different length a-arms and all.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:15 PM
amf66

ORIGINAL: Chubbysdad

they are not the same vehicle. Yes same motor and same pipe and do have some similiar parts,but If you want a avalanche return it and get that. Just goto redcatracing.com and open up 2 pics one of each and look for yourself. They use different length a-arms and all.
However a truggy is just as good as a monster truck for bashing. They also have better handling since they are lower to the ground than monster trucks.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:27 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

ORIGINAL: amf66

Do you have to send back the wing and wheels back to them? I'd keep them if possible.

Well I dont have to send them back. Im sure i could work out a deal with the seller. thanks for the info!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
madmarty

if i were you, i would just keep the monsoon. it is a killer basher. I put a xtm 6 port sleeve in mine and it put a monster in my monsoon. KEEP IT!