Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Red Cat Decision! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:09 PM
cobra93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Cat Decision! HELP!

Guys,
I am not new to Nitro RC but I am new to RedCat and I have an opinion question for the more experienced in the group.... Bearing the following things in mind I need your input on a decision of which unit to buy.

1. I will be buying RedCat only.
2. Nitro only
3. I do not race or run competition, I am just a back lot basher.
4. I will be running on the street sometimes and I LOVE SPEED so adjustable ride height and suspension settings are a huge plus.
5. My choices are down to Hurricane and Tsunami Ultra Wide.
6. I know they are different sizes and types of truck/buggy.
7. The Price difference between this is of minimal consequence.
8. I want a unit with lots of upgrade parts (aluminum transfer cases, knuckles, shocks etc.) available.

All of the above being said, I like the look of Hurricane but I LOVE the aluminum suspension of Tsunami UW. I love the big power of Hurricane and I don't know if Tsunami can be upgraded on engine size or not, if it can, then that narrows the gap a lot! Like I said, lots of factors but some of them depend on information I don't have and I hope you guys do. Hope to hear from someone soon.
Thanks.
-Don
Old 01-19-2009, 10:26 PM
perhamrocks

Default RE: Red Cat Decision! HELP!

i would say your decision should be between the hurricane and the avalanche, which one that's up to you
Old 01-19-2009, 10:35 PM
cobra93

perham,

What's the reasoning behind this? I hadn't really looked at Avalanche.
-Don
Old 01-19-2009, 11:36 PM
spear1872

I'm no expert but I have the Hurricane and the Avalanche, I don't race I just run the streets and hills in my yard or in a near by sand pit.
For me the Hurricane is much better to drive. Mine has taken a pretty good beating and handles much better,and for some reason even though there pretty much the same its given me a lot less trouble?
Old 01-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

I have the tsunami uw. I love it. But as you probably already know, you can't compare 1/8 to 1/10 when it comes to durability. If your not a stranger to nitro and you like the tsunami uw, then go for it. It is my first nitro, and I'm lookin to get a 1/8 scale buggy. I've had a really good experience with the nami. It has run great for me, I don't regret buying it at all. If I could do it all over again I still would have gotten the nami. But again, you can't compare a 1/8 scale to a 1/10 scale. They're just too different.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:09 AM
rclynx

Hurricane is in my opinion the best RC in the Redcat line up, plus you can PIMP it OUT to the max The next best RC by Redcat they don't make any more and that was the Earthquake............I have customers that have had them for a few years and still beating the heck out of them
Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with John....best rc in the redcat lineup is the hurricane....pretty good buggy and can be bashed fairly hard...I wouldnt add anymore aluim to one then maybe the upgrade shock towers...I'm not a fan of the aluim arms