Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Few pictures of new models.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 AM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Few pictures of new models.

Just a few shots of some new models coming soon.

1. Landslide 21 (Landslide with Big Block .21 engine - 2 Speed)
2. Sandstorm 21 (Sandstorm with Big Block .21 engine)
3. Shockwave with new body

Darin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84073.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1116788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82001.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1116789   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80493.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1116790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb37918.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1116791  
Old 01-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Saood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Few pictures of new models.

looks sweet

Old 01-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

I noticed on Redcats site that you have a clearance sale going on with the hurricane xp being one of those sale items, does this mean that you are discontinuing the hurricane? If so are you still gonna offer a hop-up kit?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
RedcatRacing

A new Hurricane is coming. It will be the Hurricane XTR. Suspension upgrades and other features.

More info to be announced late February.

Darin

Name:	Ay73713.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1116813  
Old 01-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Saood

When would the new Landslide be released?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Brett185

Cool. Well I just might have to put my plans of getting a 1/8 buggy on hold for a little while and see what the pricing looks like on the XTR. But the clearance price you got is very tempting. Are the parts between the XP and XTR gonna be interchangeable? If so I might just go ahead and get the XP and then later order some of the XTR upgrades. That is of course if that will be possible.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:07 PM
RedcatRacing

Only a few few parts will work from the XP to the XTR, but we will continue to stock all parts for the Hurriane XP.

We have not set pricing yet on the XTR models but the blowout price on the Hurricane is very low and it is a very proven vehicle.

Regarding another question posted about the Landslide 21 and when it will be available. Estimations are end of Feb.

Darin
Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM
1972roadrunner

are there any upgrades done to the 2speed landslide trans with the .21 engine installed?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: Brett185

Cool. Well I just might have to put my plans of getting a 1/8 buggy on hold for a little while and see what the pricing looks like on the XTR. But the clearance price you got is very tempting. Are the parts between the XP and XTR gonna be interchangeable? If so I might just go ahead and get the XP and then later order some of the XTR upgrades. That is of course if that will be possible.

its a totally different buggy Brett...other then rear wings, wheels and the body nothing will interchange....its a good improvement to the xp
Old 01-22-2009, 10:20 PM
perhamrocks

ORIGINAL: 1972roadrunner

are there any upgrades done to the 2speed landslide trans with the .21 engine installed?
or other parts of the drivetrain?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Brett185

Yeah and I'm sure the price will be around the $400 range. I'm not looking to spend that much if at all possible. I want to save some money for upgrades.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 PM
firebird78

I very seriously doubt the hurricane xrt will be $400...its the same buggy as the team vtx and himoto rxb-1 and I dont think either are over $350..like I said,its a good upgrade for the xp
Old 01-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Brett185

Well that would be closer to my price range, but I'm too impatient to wait till the end of February. Lol......I am wanting to get a buggy in the next week or 2.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:30 PM
chevyderek72

If i were you i would just get the xp for 250. Unless your gonnna race. With the pbs supposedly it will be better for racing but if your just gonna bash, then why not save money and get it sooner haha
Old 01-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Brett185

Well you got a good point. I don't race right now, but I would still like to get a buggy that would be close to race quality, at least one that wouldn't need too many upgrades to get it there. I'm not talking like pro level race quality or anything, just something that would be competitive for a novice. I may decide to enter a few races in the spring. Who knows. I'm still debating between the hurricane and a OFNA hyper 7. I can't make up my mind....uhhhhh....
Old 01-23-2009, 08:43 PM
firebird78

here is my himoto rxb-1 with the lid off....granted I have added a few goodies but this is basicaly what you will be getting with the hurricane xrt...in my opinion far better built...if I was you and I diff was going to buy a redcat I would wait for the xrt....I like the xp its a good buggy, its just you will be much happier with the xrt..

just in case your curious to what are added goodies here is a list....cv shafts throughout (not a single dogbone), front and rear billet aluim shock towers, 8 port sh.21 engine, dynamite high spd pipe, street slicks (engine isnt completly broke in), ace 1015 steering servo and a have a 645mg hitec servo on the throttle...also modded the brakes

Name:	Xv65385.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1117725  
Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 PM
madmarty

don't get that towel to dirty...it might be your crying towel next week..LOL...GO CARDS!!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:26 PM
firebird78

maybe, maybe not....speaking of towels...I seen the cards fans waving their white towels....way to be original..lol....
Old 01-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Brett185

Sweet buggy man. The XTR sounds like it's gonna be a good buggy. I just really don't want to wait another 4 or 5 weeks for it. I've had nothing but buggys on my mind for a while now and I'm itching to get one....
Old 01-26-2009, 01:44 AM
chevyderek72

I would just get the xp, especially since your not pro or anything, i dont think you would notice much difference. Like me, i just bash, so basically all suspension is the same to me. Plus imo redcat makes better rc's. Its 320 for a rb9-t7 whatever, and its 250 right now for a hurricane. I dont know what your specs are for racing and all that but the hurricane comes with a sh .28 instead of a .21 mmmmmm..power. If your like me, i would want it now. My gf hates me haha. Something will come up, like nick was gonna sell a hurricane. So he offer to me, but i denied because im short on cash, but after a couple days i had to have it and now its in my room lol. I want things and i want em now.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:42 AM
firebird78

sorry to tell ya.....I have not one but 2 of the same buggies as the current hurricanes.....not only will the hurricane xrb (when it comes out) out bash the xp hands down. it will also smoke it on the track with its .21mmmmmmmmmmm...the .21 will not only run with a .28 it will also get better fuel mileage....there is a reason people race with .21 engines....bigger isnt always better....and I am not a pro.....you do not have to be a pro to notice the difference between these buggies.....this is a very good step for redcat

I'm not guessing or assuming.....I know....I have both
Old 01-29-2009, 12:57 AM
RedcatRacing

The XTR will have a .28 engine like the Hurricane.

Darin
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM
chevyderek72

So your telling me a professional, that switched from a .21 to a .28 in the same car, would get around the track no faster? I dont see that happening. So someone like me, who isnt good at track driving will do laps at say 20 seconds with the new cane, and 40 with the old one. For someone that isnt super into racing i dont see hwo it would make much difference. But if he wants to wait he can. I was just saying i would get the cheaper one cause to me, they would be close to the same. And i was checkin it out, the himoto buggy doesnt even come with boots on the shocks, boo boo.

Name:	Nk27889.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	1122506  
Old 01-29-2009, 05:10 PM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: tihstae

So your telling me a professional, that switched from a .21 to a .28 in the same car, would get around the track no faster? I dont see that happening. So someone like me, who isnt good at track driving will do laps at say 20 seconds with the new cane, and 40 with the old one. For someone that isnt super into racing i dont see hwo it would make much difference. But if he wants to wait he can. I was just saying i would get the cheaper one cause to me, they would be close to the same. And i was checkin it out, the himoto buggy doesnt even come with boots on the shocks, boo boo.
That must be a really old picture because all of the other pics of the RXB-1 have boots on the shocks. Just look at Randy's (78firebird) picture posted above
Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: tihstae

no he wont get around any faster with a .28 .....20 seconds compared to 40 seconds is a bit out there dont ya think???...lol.....and if you read Darin's post you would see the hurricane xrb will be coming with the sh.28 so that doesnt make a difference anyway.....the difference between these buggies is night and day....if there wasnt any difference why would redcat bother offering the new buggy and having a fire sell on the hurricane xp....

and as far as the himoto rxb-1 not having shock boots....you must be blind because my buggy has em and yeah they came that way....you are making assumptions of stuff you have no clue....

I could care less if he buys the hurricane xp or waits for the hurricane xrb...and at no time did I tell him to buy the himoto rxb-1 instead of waiting on the xrb...but I would be hard pressed to think that if anybody had both buggies right in front of them would take the xp over the xrb.....I am betting once the redcat dealers get their hands on the xrb they will be right at $300 or less...so he will spend a whopping $50 more for a much better buggy....my bad for giving a guy a heads up on a purchase I am SURE he would rather make

by the way your "boo boo" is classic..lmao.....no need to make further posts...[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.