Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

t2 spur gear mesh

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:24 PM
mdgiebel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t2 spur gear mesh

My t2 doesnt mesh well. I will push the motor in to the center as far as it will go and there is still decent gap in the gears and keep breaking teeth. Redcat said that there should be lock washers between the motor and the motor mount. Mine doesnt have this. I went to the store to look and didnt find anything so jw if anyone has any ideas thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 PM
perhamrocks

Default RE: t2 spur gear mesh

use a bunch of locktite??

if your motor is all the way to the inside as possible then it would probably be on the inside of the gear, if so pull the motor all the way back so it's as far out as possible and then slide it in, till it meshes, but not too tight so it doesn't bind
Old 01-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Redcat Nick

Default RE: t2 spur gear mesh

Just get some small washers and put between the motor mounts and the engine block. That will raise up the engine a little pushing it towards the gear more. Just be sure that you get 4 of the same washer. prolly 1mm is all you need