Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Non-servo saver steering post?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 05:40 AM
AmoebaCowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-servo saver steering post?

Question for Redcat or anyone who might have info.

I've replaced my stock Monsoon steering servo with a JR Z9100T (300oz @ 4.8v). The problem is the servo is just too beefy for the stock steering column with servo saver. i.e I have to tighten the adjustable nut pretty much fully closed to get full end-to-end steering at low speeds. Otherwise the servo saver splits and I get almost no steering angle at a stop/slow speed. Kind of defeats the purpose of a servo saver if I have to fully lock it to get good steering response. Is there a solid steering column part available I could use and switch to a horn saver where I'd have better control over when it kicks in (by using a stronger clip) but still have save functionality?

Old 01-24-2009, 03:17 PM
rclynx

Default RE: Non-servo saver steering post?

Its probably a problem with your Transmitter settings [&:]
Old 01-24-2009, 03:25 PM
AmoebaCowboy

Thanks for the reply but no, the EPA are set correctly. Up on blocks the steering is fine and unhooking the steering servo turnbuckle the side-side steering action is fluid but not sloppy so it's not a binding issue. I think it's probably just a weak spring in the servo saver at this point.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:26 PM
rclynx

If its a plastic servo saver throw it in the garbage and get an aluminum one don't bother to try and adjust it any more [:-]
Old 01-24-2009, 03:31 PM
AmoebaCowboy

ORIGINAL: rclynx

If its a plastic servo saver throw it in the garbage and get an aluminum one don't bother to try and adjust it any more [:-]
I could pick up the PN: 081057b blue aluminum servo saver from Redcat but it won't fix the issue of a weak spring and I can't tell if the aluminum hop-up servo savers Redcat has available come with springs or if they have stiffer springs available.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:38 PM
rclynx

You can almost adjust it to none operable, the spring isn't the problem believe me [:-]