Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

landslide parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:47 PM
turfcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default landslide parts

I just bought a landslide and thanks to this forum I was able to get it up and running without any problems.If you go through the truck first and understand how everything works it will save you alot of grief.Just wondering what spare parts I should keep on hand.I've even debated buying another truck just for parts.Any ideas?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Redcat_Mike

Default RE: landslide parts

It can never hurt to have some suspension arms laying around, never know when you might hit something unexpected
Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
turfcat

The aluminum suspension arms seem like a good idea but if they won't break I guess something else will.They are also very pricy.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:19 PM
perhamrocks

have extra spur gears for sure, yes if you have it meshed correctly it will be just fine, but these things strip on ALL vehicle eventually, wether it's a big hit, or just natural wear and tear
Old 01-27-2009, 05:38 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: turfcat

The aluminum suspension arms seem like a good idea but if they won't break I guess something else will.They are also very pricy.
I would deffinatly suggest sticking with the nylon A-Arms. If the aluminum ones bend, and they will bend, you can't bend them back without breaking them. Then your out mega $$$
Old 01-29-2009, 05:33 PM
1972roadrunner

here are some things that happened to me so far.

my brake disc stripped in the center within the first 5 minutes on a cement driveway.
broke one of the pivot rods within the first 7 minutes for the front lower suspension and had to make a fix...no brakes sucks...
broke the one-way bearing in the trans (plastic cage broke - awaiting the upgraded bearing that should arrive tomorrow). i was still able to drive the truck by removing the 2nd gear clutch, and soldering the one-way bearing to the shaft after removing all the plastic. worked for a couple of tanks worth of fuel anyhow...
pull starter doesn't grab sometimes.
burned up a couple of glow plugs.

it's been a fun experience so far. i'm really diggin how these little nitro motors run.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:22 AM
lovetoplayrough

man i know how you feel i have had so many problems whith mine i allmost gave up. i have it running perfect now i have had to do alot of work on it but it was worth it.man when they are running good they are awesome trucks and wicked fast. i love my truck its been an awesome learning experience for me im glad i got this truck now
Old 01-31-2009, 05:41 PM
HardcoreNinja69
My Feedback: (2)

Sounds like me...every time I take my Landslide out something brakes. Just got it Jan 10th and already its getting old having to fix it all the time. Don't get me wrong I know it will brake from time to time. I just want to be able to drive it for a while in between. I haven't even got to finish a tank yet! Hopefully I am just working out all the bugs.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:09 AM
1972roadrunner

heh, add one more to my list. busted an upper rear suspension link bar today. the plastic is ok, but the threads on one side broke off. oh well...off to the website! all-else went good. nice to have brakes now
Old 02-02-2009, 01:29 AM
chevyderek72

Nice, well at least we know your runnin it, your not runnin if you dont break a part once in a while
Old 02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
1972roadrunner

darn stack of pallets anyhow...just jumped right in the way! when the new link comes in i'm going to the river with it. we have no water, but we have more sand than you can shake TWO sticks at! we'll see how the pitchforks do, then i'll order some paddles! [8D]