Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

idle needle on VX 18

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
new_2_rczayka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle needle on VX 18

I have a VX 18 on my truck! For some reason, when i start the engine, the wheels are turning! I was trying to get the idle down, but still! Which ways do I turn for idling up or down and how to adjust the low speed needle. The low speed needle is flush! I kinda know how to adjust the high speed needle! What would be the problem, when the truck is almost out of gas and it is going full speed?When I was doing break in, this is how I destroyed the front bumper, the steering servo and arm![] Does any body have a user manual for VX 18 engine? Cause I got my truck will almost no instruction manual![&o]
Old 02-05-2009, 06:10 PM
rclynx

Default RE: idle needle on VX 18

Its not your idle needle my friend.................remove the engine and take off the clutch bell. You will more than likely find a broken clutch spring.

Good luck and HAPPY RC'en
Old 02-05-2009, 06:16 PM
new_2_rczayka

I took it off. The clutch is a little melted but the spring is intact. i took the engine apart and my connecting rod is toast! I had to reorder one. Does it have a ball bearing between the rod and the crankshaft pin? I think it has some sort of a washer!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:59 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

no it's a brass bushing and the thing that holds it on the crankshaft pin is the pullstart shaft.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:14 PM
new_2_rczayka

OK. Sorry I am not very technical! i ordered it. Do it usually come with the brass bushing? i hope the crankshaft is strong enough and the pull start shaft is not bent! The crankshaft case is a little scratched on the inside, but I washed it good with acetone!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:45 PM
rclynx

Do the trade in for the SH motor if you can
Old 02-05-2009, 11:13 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

You should have done an engine exchange. If there's metal in theengine and the walls are scratched that engine is junk, that means the bearings are scratched and and there's more than likely minute pieces of metal in the bearings that you can't see.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 PM
new_2_rczayka

thanks. i should be getting a new engine soon! is there a steel connecting rod for VX 18?