Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New kicks for the cane

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 PM
chevyderek72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New kicks for the cane

Got some new kicks for the hurricane. Still havent broken her in yet [&o] but i will soon hopefully. Picked em up from ebay, they are clones of the crimefighters and the badlands. For only 41 bucks shippin for 2 sets i figured why not. Im not sure how much ill get into the track (especially now that there is a fence and i can only go certain times). So i just grabbed these and ill see how they hold up, 15 bucks for a set, vs like 50 for real ones. But they seem real sturdy just like anything else.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45724.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1129050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32573.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1129051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53778.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1129052  
Old 02-06-2009, 10:49 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New kicks for the cane

suprasales???....I hope your not taking them on a real rc track...if so ur not gonna hook up very well if its clay...lol.....I have several sets of them...I have prolines badlands and I feel the big blocks are just as good...
Old 02-07-2009, 03:57 AM
chevyderek72

Ya i got em from suprasales. Haha no way, im gonna use the big blocks for bashing. And the "racing spikes" (aka crime fighters) for the track. The second photo has the track ones. Have you tried these from suprasales firebird? They seem pretty legit, but we'll see. I mean even if the racing spikes dont hook up too well im not gonna worry, they were cheap.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:16 PM
firebird78

I buy all my bashing tires from suprasales, and I have several sets....personally I think if you buy bashing tires from someone else your paying to much...I havent broken a wheel yet and the tires last...I also found them to be glued very well as I have had zero issues with the tires coming loose from the wheel....I have both big blocks and proline badlands and cannot tell the difference.....

as far as how good they hook on a track I would say just use less expensive ones for bashing and try the pro series for track use...if you look in his store you will see the pro series..I think they are like $29 a set (which is still very affordable)....

as of now I have 3 or 4 sets of his big blocks, 3 sets of the racing spikes and one set of slicks (havent tried the slicks yet)....I will be ordering a set of his pro series in the future..I would guess they are softer
Old 02-07-2009, 06:47 PM
chevyderek72

Ya thats kinda what i was thinking, cause it said medium compound i figured they would hook up decent, but not as good as the soft ones. But ya i was lookin at the pro series, but since im strapped for cash right now i just stuck with the regular, ill take em to the track and see how they do, and if they arent the best, ill grab some of those pro series. But ya these are pretty good quality. Do yours fit on your hex perfectly? Like mine are a little loose but when i tighten them down they are fine and tight. I dont see it being a problem but i just wanna see if your do it too. I was actually thinking about grabbing some of those slicks eventually, get some sweet on road action haha.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:02 PM
firebird78

mine usually fit pretty tight....like I said...I've had zero trouble with em...enjoy
Old 02-08-2009, 01:19 AM
mrlee2071

Hey Firebird,
Yeah, I have a couple of sets too. Suprasales is awesome. What a great find for the weekend basher. I was thinking about trying the truggy pin spike tires on the rear of my hurricane and running the buggy pins in the front. If they are the same diamater. What do you think?
Old 02-08-2009, 03:49 PM
firebird78

I dont know about that bro....would get better bite in the rear, thinkin it may be hard on the drivetrain...
Old 02-08-2009, 07:21 PM
chevyderek72

I dont think it would be hard on the drivetran, because the avalanche and monsoon use bigger tires and they are fine, the middle diff just might slip different or something