Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

help fix a Volcano EPX Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:10 AM
lor35228

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help fix a Volcano EPX Pro

Hi everyone! I'm am new to the RC hobby and also to this RCuniverse website. I just got my new Redcat Volcano EPX Pro Brushless RTR on Feb 11th 2009 in the afternoon. I open up the box and charged the 7.2v 6-cell 2000mah battery with a dynamite vison peak 2 at 4amps until the battery meter showed that the battery was full. I then played with the truck inside the house at a slow speed for about 20mins (I was still trying to get use to the RC truck) then the Truck started to not respond as well and was a bit slow and shaky. When I pull the trigger on the transmitter the truck would look as if it was trying to go foward at high speed but something is holding the truck back causing it to bounce back and forth repeatedly fast, it kind of look like a car with a dying engine. So I thought that maybe the battery was just very low so I decided to fully charge my battery (only takes like 30mins for the dynamite vision peak 2 to fully charge the battery) and then decided to call it a night since it was getting late. The next day after work I came home, made sure the rc battery is fully charge, made sure transmitter powers up fine and also the truck. When the truck powered on both of the led on the ESC turn green for a second and then a quick power on motion along with a beeping noise after that the led 1 would blink and switch between red and green light repeatedly fast and the led 2 would be solid green light (not sure if that is normal). My transmitter is already turned on before the truck is so I then pull the trigger on the transmitter but the truck would not respond at all anymore. Nothing works.....I tried researching on the internet, unplug and pluging back in a few connectors and reading the manual but no help. So the issue is that the truck now no longer respond to my transmitter (I already press and turn every buttons on the transmitter and still nothing) and to me it seems like both the truck and the transmitter powers up just fine like how it did yesterday on Feb 11th and now isn't working anymore on Feb 12th. Nothing has been modify or changed, everything should still be the same like it was from day 1. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Pao Lor
Old 02-13-2009, 01:37 PM
perhamrocks

Default RE: help fix a Volcano EPX Pro

does the esc need to be set for no throttle, half throttle, and full throttle, or is the redcat esc a cheap automatic one
Old 02-13-2009, 01:47 PM
lor35228

The ESC is probably a cheap one because it only has 2 led lights on it, no buttons or switch anywhere. The only thing that I can find on the Truck that is a button or switch is the power on and off button.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:08 PM
chevyderek72

Try to adjust the throttle trim, those two knobs on the remote. one is for the steering to make the wheels straight, and the throttle sets where your idle or "stop" is. Like if your turn it clockwise it turns it up so your car will go forward, and if you go ani clockwise it will make it go in reverse.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:17 PM
lor35228

I did and the RC truck still will not respond. I already press and twist all the buttons on the transmitter to see if the Truck will do anything but still nothing. =(
Old 02-13-2009, 03:45 PM
tri_county_racing

Check the connections on the receiver to see if they are loose, this can cause problems with the ESC.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:28 PM
tpd312

I have the same exact problem. It seems to work ok outside, but inside it gets jittery and unresponsive. I'm wondering if there is some type of interference that occurs with the household electronics?
Old 12-25-2009, 08:00 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It is not uncommon for RC cars to suffer from interference indoors. I can't run anything in my basement for any distance. If the car get 20 or so feet away it starts twitching etc. This is common and not something to be concerned with a long as it acts normal outside.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:25 PM
lvh

I also have had the same problem in the house it seems ok outside, except when you go foward and stop and hit reverse it takes a few seconds to move, but forward is on the money. It's not a big deal!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:11 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: lvh

I also have had the same problem in the house it seems ok outside, except when you go foward and stop and hit reverse it takes a few seconds to move, but forward is on the money. It's not a big deal!
There is a delay built into the ESC to prevent you from going from forward to reverse instantly. It's there to protect the drivetrain. If you want to go into reverse instantly simply push the trigger forward twice.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:44 PM
lvh

Oh ok thanks It's my daughters truck i don't fool with electric to much mostly nitro and gas. About 90% of my customers want nitro so again thanks! but not a big deal as she is only 9.