Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Landslide + Paddle Tires Pictures!

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Landslide + Paddle Tires Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:02 AM
1972roadrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landslide + Paddle Tires Pictures!

my Pro-Line MAXX Paddles came in! they're mounted on HPI's Warlock wheels. the paddles are about the same size as the stock tires. they clear without a problem unlike the PitchForks i have.

[Image]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4774/p5140240ry6.jpg[/Image]

[Image]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5995/p5140243os1.jpg[/Image]

[Image]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9485/p5140244qf7.jpg[/Image]

[Image]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9360/p5140245vq4.jpg[/Image]

got the tires from A-Main Hobbies. wheels came from HPI's website.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:08 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: Landslide + Paddle Tires Pictures!

Nice, they look good, some paddles would be nice, but i dont have sand around me haha
Old 02-14-2009, 04:00 PM
perhamrocks

those paddles look mean on that truck! [sm=48_48.gif]
Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 PM
1972roadrunner

well i took it to the sand dunes today, and i have to say i'm a little confused...[&:]

i know part of the problem is the air was cold (about 40-50*), and i'm still guessing on the tuning of the thing, and figuring out what the condition of the a/f ratio by listening...anyhow, the truck really bogged down when trying to climb the hills at first. i opened up the needles, and got it to move a bit, and actually got it to wheelie part way up one of the hills (about as tall as a 1 story house, if not a little taller), but it still wasn't really getting the revs and really hauling like i thought it should have.

after a tank or two, i changed tires and put my big arse pitchforks on it, with no other changes, and the truck FLEW! i think the paddles were getting too much traction and not allowing the motor to rev up and make any power. i'll hang on to them, maybe it'll work better when it's warm out.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:32 PM
perhamrocks

you should try to lean it out a little more to see if that helps, but make sure you watch that your temp doesnt go over 260, because then it might just be the tires are getting too much traction like u said
Old 02-15-2009, 07:39 PM
1972roadrunner

i'm still having a problem with the one-way bearing in the trans breaking. i've broken 4 so far. i have one more to put in, but need to order a few more. these things need to be built with a steel cage around the needle bearings IMHO. i'm also going to silicon the access holes to the 2nd gear clutch, and put silicon between the bearings and the plastic case to try and keep the sand/dirt out of the trans. my gears are looking a little chewed up. we also broke a body post, and a body post mount, and my antenna tube. the suspension held though, after several wild tumbles. the steering seemed a little more responsive now that i have the aluminum steering saver installed. i really wish i had a video camera...

i need to find a new spot with softer/smoother sand. where i go there's a BUNCH of tire tracks/ruts from quads and vehicles. it's hard to get any speed built up at all because it's so rough.

i'm not going to run it again until i get the body secured, because it'll just rip off the other posts/mounts. i've ran it without the body before, and when it rolled it bent the CRAP out of my aluminum shock towers...so i won't be doing that again.

what glow plugs and fuel are y'all using? i've been using the Blue Thunder Sport 30% nitro, and right now have a Racers Edge Med-Cold glow plug (i think it's number 5, but i don't remember for sure). i have a Dynamite Platinum "competition" #4 Med plug i haven't ran yet. just wondering what y'all have had luck with.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:26 AM
neyou86
My Feedback: (2)

i use traxxas 20% fuel and mccoy 59 glow plug
Old 03-29-2009, 10:28 AM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

traxxas fuel in a sh. vx and infinity engine usually results in the one way bearing slipping...has to much oil (know it sounds funny but it does)...if you do run traxxas I would make sure to store the rc with the rear raised hire then the front...and pick it up from the rear when carrying it..

Ive used odonnel, byrons, traxxas and trinity horsepower.....I like byrons and odonnel fuel the best...and I run 20% due to you should get more life out of the engine running 20% (but you do loose some power)....I use os a3 plugs and have heard alotta people use and like mccoy59 plugs