Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

reviews on the redcat rs10????????

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

reviews on the redcat rs10????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:49 PM
jstewart48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reviews on the redcat rs10????????

looking to get some reviews on the rockslider rs10. been away from the rc world for a few years and i want a crawler, not for competing but for fun. is there a big aftermarket and are the factory parts weekend crawling worthy
Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM
jstewart48

Default RE: reviews on the redcat rs10????????

NO ONE?????????????
Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 AM
chevyderek72

It just came out a couple weeks ago i think so theres not gonna be much customer feedback yet
Old 06-23-2009, 01:17 AM
AliRedCatRacing

I'd Highly recommend RS-10. Not only for week end crawling my man. This is one serious rock crawler. I have had upto 14 minutes of Rock Crawling on one fully charged Stock battery. I am now full time working for RedCat here inChina and I test all the RedCats before they head to US

I have tested RS-10 and 1/8 Scale Super Crawler and don't take my words as a loyal RedCat employee, but take my words as a serious Hobbyist (I have been Flying RCPlanes, Helis n Running RCCars for 5 years).
These two Crawlers are seriously worth every penny spent. Check my channel http://www.youtube.com/alishanmao and search for RS-10 (450+RCVideos)hehehe so gotta search them. I tested these crawlers for almost a week and finally found myself in love with them. Many of my viewers bought these crawlers and I have never heard any negative comments from anyone.

Well there is only one thing Ican say. If you buy RS-10, you will not be disappointed, you will also recommend it for your friends. If you have any more questions contact me at [email protected]

Cheers

Ali
Old 06-23-2009, 01:49 PM
jstewart48

how is  the aftermarket?  if not that good do you think there will be pretty much every piece could be upgraded with aftermarket
Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 PM
AliRedCatRacing

Hey there

At the moment we are working on many other upgradable parts. Right now you can find soft shocks, slide wheels on the side plate and the roll rage as optional parts. These parts should be available to purchase off RedCat Racing site. I must confirm the availability dates.

Cheers

Ali
Old 06-26-2009, 06:23 PM
austexjg

Any idea on part dates?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:56 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All RS10 parts are online.

You can just go here:

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars?search=rs10

or

You can simply type in the part number in the top right search box on the home page.

Here are the 2 additional parts as mentioned in above post.

Soft Springs: http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars?search=rct-h102
Slide Wheel: http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars?search=rct-h101

Darin
Old 07-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Squidbait

I didn't even get a chance to play with this one when it came into the LHS.... they had enough time to unpack it, to look it over and let us ooh and aah over it before a guy walked in and grabbed it! Now I gotta wait until they get more in! [:@]

It looks amazing, has a ridiculous amount of flex, and seems to be really solidly built.

I can say having played with some of the smaller (Losi, Duratrax) crawlers, that for the money, this one beats them hands down!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:10 PM
xdeputy101

I bought a redcat rs10. it seems a tad bit under powered. With a fresh battery it will not last very long. I am planning on getting a higher MaH battery for it. The wheels are not very useful at all. they are hard and not mushy at all. On grapefruit size rocks it will get stuck almost everytime. The reason is that the tires are so hard they get jammed and the crawler needs to use so much power to get them un-lodged, which will kill your crawlers power way to fast. Great features: The adjustable shocks, The frame is very nice. The way this crawlers axles its frame is unbelievable. If your fortunate to get the controler with the display, thats an awesome feature. Dont let the bad, discourage you from getting one. This is the nicest crawler for your buck. A few minor changes and its a world of power house. I am planning on doing the following. Changing the wheels of coarse to very soft and slightly harder than front for back. Must have an aggressive pattern. Changing the battery supply to at least a 3800 MaH. I dont think that the 540 motors would fit this crawler, but it would be great if it did. Once they 3 changes have been made your going to have a very nice crawler. I havent seen any after upgrades yet from redcat.