Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Parts Interchangablility?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:28 AM
notez2beat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts Interchangablility?

I couldn't find this question although I am sure it has been asked. Is there any company other there thats bodies and parts fit Redcat? I was thinking like their SC truck and the Slash or SC10, something like that.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 AM
BADASSPONY

Default RE: Parts Interchangablility?

You can make any body fit as long as its for a similar vehicle. Most new bodies come unpainted and with no holes so you just match it to yours.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Mickstix

I dont know about the Redcat SC truck, but as far as there 1/10 buggies (bodies) go, there sizes are WAY different than other (more traditional) manufacturers like HPI, Traxxas, etc.. So much so that they wont fit width or legth wise..

As for parts, the only ones that fit it are redcat, exceed, himoto.. (There pretty much all the same vehicle) But again, not much of anything from HPI, Traxxas, ect. will fit, other than wheels, tires and motors.. All the turnbuckles and bogbones, arms, diffs, transmissions, etc. are different sizes than most LHS carry.. But there are numberous vedors on this forum who are prompt and will ship ya whatever ya need pretty quick..
Old 11-26-2009, 01:59 AM
7M

You can make a lot of parts from other manufacturers fit Redcats, it just takes some modifications to fit and ingenuity to put together. As to how far parts from different manufacturers can go together, take a look at this Redcat Volcano for example:

Old 11-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Mickstix

Coo lookin truck!! What all have ya customized on it?? I love custom fab work!! Fill us in 7M!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:03 PM
7M

ORIGINAL: Mickstix

Coo lookin truck!! What all have ya customized on it?? I love custom fab work!! Fill us in 7M!!!
Ohh I don't use my Volcano anymore, needs a carb [:@] Well anyways, its just Full Savage suspension Losi LST CVD's and a custom carbon fiber plate i added to the rear to extend the chassis 2 inches. Its pretty much 1/8 scale now.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:06 PM
volcanomx

What pull start can i use on sh.28 engines, for monsoon xtr?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Mickstix

What's up with the stock pull starter for your Monsoon?? (I have a Monsoon too, so Im just curious) Thanks! 
Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 AM
volcanomx

Mine broked repaid but takes time on the field to fix.... i just whant an extra one but i can't find one
Old 01-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Mickstix

Double check this, but I've heard the XTM/457 engine is very similar to the SH.28, and alot of it's parts will fit the SH.. Here's the pull starter for the XTM/457.. I bet it'll fit your SH.28  XTM/457 Pull Starter Assembly
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 AM
volcanomx

Ok..... just order one, lets see if it fits.... will post results as soon it arrives...[sm=75_75.gif]

Other thing any cool set of wheels/tires i can change??

Thank you for all you'r help[8D]
Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Mickstix

Well, if ya want to stay with traditional "truggy" racing style tires, there's really not many options available.. All I've found are the Proline, Associated style wheels (basic dish style) with the tires that are similar to what comes on the Monsoon.. But if you want to go with Monster Truck wheels, there are some options, but you'll probably have to go with MT tires as well.. Just make sure the wheels have 17mm hex, and they should fit, and get tires to match the wheels..
Old 01-16-2010, 03:46 PM
volcanomx

The pull start works perfect, thank you for your help. Great forum..... still searching for tires and new boy...... will post pics if found....[8D][8D]
Old 01-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Jamus

Back to the original question, which SC truck are you referring to? The vortex is too short for slash/sc10 bodies, but I think that the aftershock can easily be fitted with the other bodies. I own a vortex so I know that one won't work for sure.

Found a good example of an aftershock with aftermarket slash body just a few posts down on here.
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9296341/tm.htm]click[/link]