Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano EPX Pro - Anything goes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
TCA999
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano EPX Pro - Anything goes.

Okay, I bought a Tenergy 3800MAH battery for my EPX Pro and figured if i bought that battery I should get the ESC Cooling fan and motor heat sink to save the wear and tear on both. Now, the cooling fan works great, but the heat sink seems to just get as hot as the motor does and the motor doesn't seem to be any cooler. Am I missing something? I see for my Stampede they offer a motor heat sink WITH a cooling fan ontop of that. Is that available for redcat BL systems as well?
Also, is the upgraded BL motor available yet? I know in the manual is shows it with a star (meaning it's in production) but I can't find it.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:21 PM
fahaka

Default RE: Volcano EPX Pro - Anything goes.

You want to heat sink to be as hot as the motor. That shows you have a good contact between the two. Since it's just a heat sink you are just adding surface area to help cool things off. A fan that adds forced air would cool things off faster. Did you use a temp gun when compared to the two?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Mickstix

fahaka is correct, sounds like the heatsink is doing it's job.. How hot does it get? It doesnt take much to "feel" hot.. I preheat my nitro engines with an old hair dryer, and when it's done, it's only 115-130* but it "feels"hot to the touch.. Unless your motor/heatsink is getting hot enough to burn you, it's probably ok.. A temp gun would be the best to know exactly (or close) to the temps it's reaching, but if you have a heatsink and a fan, and arent pushing more voltage through the engine than it recommends, I wouldnt be too worried about it.. Just make sure your driveline rotates freely, so you dont have anything binding that could cause an overheat issue..

Old 04-05-2010, 01:47 PM
TCA999

Where can I get the RPM Bumper and light pod kit for my Volcano EPX Pro? I would like to hook up some LED lights but have no clue where to even start. I see there are two little holes in the front bumper but not sure if any LED's would fit....

Any help would be great.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:19 PM
TCA999

So will any 2.8" 12mm hex wheels work fine on a Volcano EPX Pro with out needing to change gears or anything?  Thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 AM
TCA999

Thank you for the help with the heatsink. I've talked with somepeople and they said the same thing...
Does anyone have any ideas on gearing? if it would do me any good to change my gear setup. Also, what type of shock oil should I use for my shocks if I don't want to bottom out coming off a small jump? Seems to happen alot.

Thanks a ton.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Mickstix

You can try raising the ride height some by adding shims (collars) to the shocks, above the spring, or screw the collar down tighter, if it's got the adjustable type.. Also thicker shock oil should stiffen it up some too. Try some 70 weight and see how that does..