Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Volcano EXP wheel and tire options

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano EXP wheel and tire options

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM
fastandloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano EXP wheel and tire options

Im just going to be honest, I run a hobby shop and am pretty busy with the weather getting nicer and all. So thats why im not spending all day searching. I dont carry or know to much about Redcat products but have a customer who needs some new shoes for his volcano. My question is what combos seem to work the best for you guys? He asked me to get in 4 Rear Traxxas Anacondas with the all-star wheels but when he realized the offsets he wasnt sure if they would work so now he wants 4 fronts. Id just like to get him the best combo available because im not so sure he'll be happy with the anacondas since he runs mostly in dirt. Help me out guys
Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 AM
TCA999
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: Volcano EXP wheel and tire options

I talked with Billy from RedCat and here is what he stated:

(More Torque) The stock gearing is 17/64. You can get more torque by going to a smaller pinion gear. Here are the one's we have:

11144 - 14T
11146 - 16T

(Motor w/ heat sink& ESCgetting very hot)This system puts out a lot of power, and that creates a good deal of heat. Do you have an exact temperature that you've taken of the motor and speed control after a 5 minute run or so?

(Asked how many 2oz bottles ofshock oil it would take to fill all eight shocks)The shock oil in the shocks is very comparable to 35wt, and you should be able to get by with just over 1- 2oz. bottle.

(Other available options for wheels/rims)We only sell the stock tires and wheels for the Volcano, but if you take your wheel to a local hobby shop you should be able to match something up.

(Other tips)Other than Lipo batteries, your truck should work great. I wouldn't recommend going with too many aluminum parts, as this will just weigh the vehicle down and cause the next part in line to break.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:41 PM
fastandloud

Nice great info TCA999. Any other volcano owners have any suggestions or pics?
Old 05-07-2010, 03:32 PM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i use 4 rustler rears and they worked great!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
TCA999
My Feedback: (32)

Are those the exact same dimensions? 2.8" 12mm hex? If not then that means you would need to adjust your gearing to make up for the difference and if they are too wide, the tire will rub on the inside of the arm.

Let me know the dimensions if you could.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:12 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Rustler Rears or Jato Rears or the rears for the Stampede with the stampede tires. Or with the redcat tires. Normally we sell the Jato/rustler/stampede rears with the redcat volcano tires, the ones with the tractor tread or some form or low profile pro-line with the dirt nobbies, like the hole shots or something. the redcats have a stock 12mm hex nut and 2.8 tires and rims.