RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10119192-%2Aofficial%2A-caldera-10e-video-picture-discussion-thread.html)

ITS ME DAVID 11-06-2010 04:48 PM

*Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread

Ok I just went through 20 pages here and did a massive search on google and no one has a thread like this on this truck. I'm about to order one for my 7 year old for christmas so I'm interested in seeing your racing,bashing vids and or pics of this truck.

ITS ME DAVID 11-06-2010 07:49 PM

RE: *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread

Here is a couple vids found on YouTube

Unboxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQo4...e_gdata_player

Nihm vs lipo test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvz6A...e_gdata_player

billymare 11-07-2010 05:46 AM

Here is a pic.... working on a vid...

billymare 11-07-2010 05:49 AM

See if i did this right..... Ifilmed this while driving LOL So the driving is not the best :)
www.youtube.com/watch

ITS ME DAVID 11-07-2010 04:01 PM

Thanks for posting that phone records nice vids. This car seems great for the price tag below $200. I see u had servo issues aswell that seems common on this truck.

billymare 11-07-2010 07:08 PM

I recorded that vid with my Droid X.. Just get a replacement servo from URCHobby. I think he has the trucks in stock also. Best prices anywhere.</p>

ITS ME DAVID 11-08-2010 01:34 AM

Yea he does have the best prices around thanks.

rcreg6 11-08-2010 08:52 PM

i just bought one for me and my kids. i too had the servo issue. it broke, sent it to Redcat racing, the sent me a replacement. The servo that broke for me was a discontinued servo, it's possible there are RTR kits that are out there that have the old servos(like mine) and haven't been upgraded yet. mine old one was labeled B7014 the new one was labeled 3003. the B7014 has been discontinued. No problem as far as i'm concerned. got a free new one, and a great truck.

ITS ME DAVID 11-08-2010 10:31 PM

Sounds good any chance of posting some piks or vids of it in action. Also I was on urchobby site and went to parts and yea they show 2 steering servos and 1 they sell is discontinued so I'm guessing the new rtr being sold might have the latest servos installed.

rcreg6 11-10-2010 06:13 PM

I'll try to get some pics or vids over the weekend. it gets dark early now. On a separate note, One 8 year old, one caldera 10E, one Lehigh River... car was unintentionally jumped 15 feet into the Lehigh River, it spent about 30secs to 1minute under water running full throttle, came out A-OK!!!!! NEVER turn your back on an eight year old and an RC car. lesson learned>>>

ITS ME DAVID 11-10-2010 08:00 PM

Haha thanks for telling me I'm about to order this for my 7 year old.

rcreg6 11-21-2010 03:40 PM

Some bad picts from today and my kids at the park bashing the Caldera

ITS ME DAVID 11-21-2010 04:20 PM

Haha any piks are good piks to me. Looks like they had fun.

rcreg6 11-21-2010 05:41 PM

they bug me every day to take it out!!

ITS ME DAVID 11-21-2010 08:02 PM

Haha. What batterys are you using on it.

nitrosportsandrunner 11-21-2010 10:35 PM

is the caldera larger than the volcano epx pro? i know it has a slightly better brushless system(Ezrun instead of novatech) but is it basically the same size or long/wider?

ITS ME DAVID 11-22-2010 12:38 PM

It's wider and longer by 10mm but not
As high ground clearance as the volcano.

Allnighters 11-23-2010 03:33 PM

Just got the caldera 10e and the steering servo lasted 2 min before it locked up. 5 days to get it and probably 3-4 weeks for a servo. Last redcat iI will ever own!

billymare 11-23-2010 03:36 PM

EVERYONE that has bought a 10E has had servo problems and they talked about it on this forum. It seems redcat gota bad lot of servos and found out a little to late... i just replace them as soon as I take them out of the box.. It's a small problem that should not blemish a great truck...

Allnighters 11-23-2010 05:35 PM

Then they should just send one not make its customers pay to ship junk to them and wait. If you buy a new car and you get off the lot and the stering quits you want to wait three weeks to get parts for it? Yes it does blemish the name. sorry just a mad customer.

ITS ME DAVID 11-23-2010 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Allnighters

Just got the caldera 10e and the steering servo lasted 2 min before it locked up. 5 days to get it and probably 3-4 weeks for a servo. Last redcat iI will ever own!

Should of done research everyone said the servo doesn't last a week. U can order one for $10 or get one from your local hobby shop it's a easy fix so don't let that get u down.

Allnighters 11-23-2010 08:27 PM

Just had to vent. Kudos to their warranty though, liftime on electronics. They are sending one wheni get this one sent back. Hope it is b 4 x mas. I did research it and knew off the problem but wow a whole two minutes? Crazy.I wish they were compatible with 11.1 volt lipos though. I fly helis and love lipos for them but trucks take a beating. lipos do not like that too much. Is what the difference between hard and soft packs? Does anyone know if these will handle the 8.4v nimh packs? This brand is new to me. Any help is appreciated.

ITS ME DAVID 11-23-2010 09:37 PM

Yea I would me bad also on that servo going Out fast but o'well. That esc should be any yo handle a 8.4v battery no problem. hard packs are more for bashing as they can take a beating over the soft packs but those work great aslong as there tightly secured.

nitrosportsandrunner 11-23-2010 11:19 PM

in my experience redcat fill warrenty replacement stuff pretty quick. i had a throttle servo fail on my backdraft 3.5. i filled out their warrenty form and had a new servo at my door in 5 or 6 days. thats not to shabby.

Allnighters 11-23-2010 11:23 PM

I hope it is quick this is a xmas gift!!!! After i took it off it works but is very noisy

nitrosportsandrunner 11-23-2010 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Allnighters

Just had to vent. Kudos to their warranty though, liftime on electronics. They are sending one wheni get this one sent back. Hope it is b 4 x mas. I did research it and knew off the problem but wow a whole two minutes? Crazy.I wish they were compatible with 11.1 volt lipos though. I fly helis and love lipos for them but trucks take a beating. lipos do not like that too much. Is what the difference between hard and soft packs? Does anyone know if these will handle the 8.4v nimh packs? This brand is new to me. Any help is appreciated.

i use soft pack lipos in all my truck! my redcat volcano pro, tornado pro, emaxx ect. my tornado i regularly jump 8-12 feet in the air! as long as the battery bar is tightly down on the pack so it cant wiggle about it will be fine.
for extra safety, you can put a piece of velcro on the lipo and on the underside of the battery bar. that will provide extra holding power and alittle bit of cushion. sometimes i do add alittle electrical tape on the ends. anyway, i have never had a problem running soft lipo packs in my trucks...just like the ones in the pic. best part is that these packs only cost like $30!

and yes, the ESC will handle 8.4 nimh. but you will probly get the same performance out of a lipo like the one pictured!

rchobbyunlimited 11-24-2010 12:36 AM

Yes they do replace parts quickly you should have it well before christmas i hope there christmas rush does not make it take longer for you. Because boy do they get busy this time of the year.

ITS ME DAVID 11-24-2010 09:24 AM

Any more pictures of videos of there caldera 10

rcreg6 11-25-2010 05:09 AM

Using the stock Nimh and i bought 2 more nimh batteries. i get about 45 min of run time for the 3. i know people say go lipo, but these are plenty fast for me and my boys for now.

ITS ME DAVID 11-25-2010 05:10 PM

Aslong as there happy

Allnighters 11-28-2010 04:37 AM

Update, Ebay stepped in and made the company refund my money due to the fact that they stated "you would have had to put batteries in it to detect problem" Sounds if they new it was defective prior to selling it! Ok I ordered the same think from Kurt @urc Sounds like he is the go to guy. Next is my turn, looking at a Earthquke 8e. Any advise/suggestions?

ITS ME DAVID 11-28-2010 10:15 AM

Good u got that worked out. Kurt is a good guy and urc is a good shop. Earthquake 8e looks really
Impressive I would get it check out vids on YouTube for it

Allnighters 12-07-2010 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New caldera in and its a new model, new tires, and relocated the esc. Will try to post a cpl pics.

Allnighters 12-07-2010 09:51 PM

Pics too big. I did order a earthquake 8E too. Looking forward to some help with it.

ITS ME DAVID 12-07-2010 10:40 PM

Any more piks

Allnighters 12-07-2010 10:48 PM

not yet. Will have some soon.

nitrosportsandrunner 12-08-2010 06:11 AM

i have been meaning to ask, is that battery hold down good? does it keep the battery in place, and is it easy to get the battery in/out?

Allnighters 12-08-2010 09:36 AM

Stock battery is loose in the holders but seems to stay in place. nice thing is it is roomy so if you upgrade to a larger battery it will fit as long as it is the same length. a little velcro will definatly help.

Ron E 12-08-2010 10:24 AM

I just ordered 1 today... i've got 4 5200 30c 2s lipo's and a new steering servo ready. thanks for the pic's, i'm a little bummed about the tire change... i like the older style better. oh well, it still looks like a lot of truck for the money.

Allnighters 12-08-2010 11:44 AM

I ordered mine from Kurt @ urchobby and it shipped from manufacturer. You may get the older style but not sure. I know Kurt was expecting a shipment this week. I ordered a Earthquake 8E from him and can't wait.