RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342302-redcat-racing-tsunami-thread.html)

eminentguitar 05-10-2008 06:51 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

I just pushed it on as hard as I could man try warming the servo horn up a bit with a hair drier. I got mine to go on a little bit then I just put the screw in and tightened it on a bit further. I dont know why there such a tight fit but once you get it on its not bad the next time

forlorm22 05-10-2008 09:46 PM

Alright man I was just wondering if something was messed up lol I was pushing hard enough to leave marks on my thumb and thought I might break something but I'll go for it haha. Thanks for the info, gonna go give it a shot now. Thanks buddy.

eminentguitar 05-10-2008 11:19 PM

unless for some reason yours is different then mine but it shouldnt be

forlorm22 05-10-2008 11:41 PM

I think I'm gonna have to take it off and try again in the morning and maybe try to heat up the horn. Its tighter than hell. Its hard going on the stock one but it goes on and all the other parts seem like they fit each others. The only other way would be to drill out one of the other ones and do some custom dremel work I guess. It just doesn't want to go on there man. My thumb has a blood blister from pushing so hard lol. I got tired gonna try it in the morning when I feel fresh maybe.

eminentguitar 05-11-2008 02:06 AM

or see if the lhs has a servo horn. sorry man I wish I could help you out more.

rclynx 05-11-2008 03:38 PM

I was looking at that a few times eminentguitar, going to have to try that gear some time and if you have it hooked up right you should be doing wheelies. Even with that gear it should do about 30 mph which is plenty for a 1/10 dirt truck [8D] good luck with that and let us know how it works out :D

Bump box? find a used one and see if you like it...............generally you will spend between $70 and $140 for a new one with everything I like [:-]

boater6042 05-11-2008 08:46 PM

med it to much

KeithjV 05-11-2008 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: eminentguitar

Does anyone think that a 52 tooth spur gear and a 14 tooth bell is to low? I just put one in my tsunami today I uset the hpi rs4 spur gear and just had to trim it down a little bit.
Im running a 15T/52T on my MT2 with an LRP Z.18. I think Im going to try a 49T or 47T spur though. It runs good now but I think I can get a little more speed out of it, Im sure the same is true with the tsunami .18 engine.

KeithjV 05-11-2008 09:03 PM

Hey guys not sure if this effects anyone here but thought Id post it. Found it on redcats site.

All users of Redcat Racing's FM radio system should immediately stop using the product.

Some users have reported issues with the FM Digital and Non Digital versions of the radio system. The FM radios were included in the models below:

Hurricane XP
Hurricane XP Pro
Avalanche XP
Monsoon XP
Tsunami UltraWide

If you have an FM radio that was included with one of the above Redcat Racing vehicles, you should stop using the FM radio immediately.

Redcat Racing is doing a voluntary recall of all FM radios sold with the above mentioned vehicles.

Please click THIS LINK for return and replacement instructions.

Thank You,

Redcat Racing

Email Us

Swamp3r 05-11-2008 11:18 PM

Ya it was posted april 1rst but not a bad idea to remind peep though.

eminentguitar 05-12-2008 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: rclynx

I was looking at that a few times eminentguitar, going to have to try that gear some time and if you have it hooked up right you should be doing wheelies. Even with that gear it should do about 30 mph which is plenty for a 1/10 dirt truck [8D] good luck with that and let us know how it works out :D

Bump box? find a used one and see if you like it...............generally you will spend between $70 and $140 for a new one with everything I like [:-]
Well I got the gear in there. what a tight fit its crazy. I had to do a little trimming on the chasis to get it to fit. I took it out today and it screams really gets up to top speed fast and your right about the top speed im sure its about 30mph still fast enough to do some crazy dammage lol.

forlorm22 05-12-2008 07:36 AM

Lol I finally got that stupid servo horn on. I got mad and set it on there and smacked it with a hammer. It went on and seems to work. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage to the servo lol.

eminentguitar 05-12-2008 11:58 AM

thats crazy man I hope it works good for you now. On payday em going to buy a spectrum radio it comes with two servos two recievers and the radio I think its 3.0 ghz or something like that. its on sale for 230 dollars at my lhs

eminentguitar 05-13-2008 12:30 AM

Whats it take to get these things to do a wheelie off the line????? I have an os cvr with a 14 tooth clutch bell and a 52 tooth spur gear running 2wd!!! I can get mine to do a wheelie when im going about 25 mph and I hit a really small bumb (about a half an inch tall) because I have stiff shocks in the front and really light ones in the back so it just pops up the front when i hit the bump.............. maybe ill just put a tz in it hehehe. Is there anyone out there that can pull a wheelie off the line with there tsunami?

KeithjV 05-13-2008 09:05 AM

I dont think the .18 has enough hp to get the wheels up. Maybe with larger tires and stiffer springs in the rear and a lower gear ratio you might be able to get it to wheelie but I dont think you would have any top end left.

firstrc 05-13-2008 10:42 AM

Whats it take to get these things to do a wheelie off the line????? I have an os cvr with a 14 tooth clutch bell and a 52 tooth spur gear running 2wd!!! I can get mine to do a wheelie when im going about 25 mph and I hit a really small bumb (about a half an inch tall) because I have stiff shocks in the front and really light ones in the back so it just pops up the front when i hit the bump.............. maybe ill just put a tz in it hehehe. Is there anyone out there that can pull a wheelie off the line with there tsunami?

Well you already know I can. :D But mine is electric so that doesn't count![&o] LOL
It sounds like you already have the right set up to make it happen... stiff front relaxed rear and I think you already have larger tires don't you? The only thing I can think of is try switching back to the smaller tires... it would put more torque to the ground and help compress those springs to lift up the front. Also... try different surfaces... Mine wont do it in dirt or grass or concrete but on rough asphalt were it can really bite it will go airborne and flip backwards.
Oh and when you do get it to work (and I know you will :))... if you ever put your Tsunami body back on... take off the rear wing. My wheelies destroyed mine from dragging it across the asphault.

KeithjV 05-13-2008 11:04 AM

firstrc your running a brushless set up right?

firstrc 05-13-2008 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yup.

eminentguitar 05-13-2008 03:40 PM

This does not make any sence at all but when I had the 44 tooth spur gear it was way harder to controle off the line and would just spin like crazy. Now that I have the 52 tooth gear it just takes off instead of spinning. its so weird

rclynx 05-13-2008 04:58 PM

Its the engine power curve [:-]

eminentguitar 05-13-2008 05:38 PM

makes sence man. I like it with the low gears and the taller tires its so fun for bashing. The only thing is the spur gear hangs out of the bottom of the chassis just a tiny little bit so I think im going to make a cover for that like the mt2 has.

firstrc 05-13-2008 09:39 PM

eminentguitar - I'd like to see a list of all the custom mod's you've done to yours! LOL I bet you could win a contest!

You should start a thread with your "list" and see if anyone can match it!

eminentguitar 05-13-2008 10:15 PM

lol soon man ill sit down and figure it all out. Right away im putting some intagy piggy back shocks on it and mt2 rear arms with the hpi heavy duty diff gears and mt2 18ss cvd's and if I can find the cash an os 18 tz!!!!!!!!!!! 1.8 hp :)

firstrc 05-14-2008 10:50 AM

lol soon man ill sit down and figure it all out. Right away im putting some intagy piggy back shocks on it and mt2 rear arms with the hpi heavy duty diff gears and mt2 18ss cvd's and if I can find the cash an os 18 tz!!!!!!!!!!! 1.8 hp :)
I rest my case! LOL

eminentguitar 05-16-2008 05:51 PM

Well I didnt end up getting the integy piggy back shocks I got a good deal on the traxxas big bore tmaxx shocks 8 for 40 bucks :)