Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

a smaller SPAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 04:37 PM
adam_messed_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a smaller SPAD

is there anyone with plans or a plane that has FREE plans that the plane has a wingspan of 2 feet 6 inches. i do know that there is the derringer from spadtothebone.com but i want to go 6 inches smaller. i would like a normal tail but a V tail wouldnt be bad. no langind gear is required, i will just kill the engine before i land. i need this plane for flying when i go on vacation, we can fit it in a suitcase without the gas and have fun when not when home.

[link=http://www.spadtothebone.com/SPAD/Derringer/index.html]derringer SPAD plans [/link]
Old 10-30-2003, 06:02 PM
ChrisSpad

Default RE: a smaller SPAD

whack 6" off the derringer wing. It'll land a bit hot, but, as long as you use small gear, and keep the weigh to 1 lb 12 oz, it'll still only have a wingloading of about 15 oz/ft, which is fine for a plane that size. You can go to a 4 mil coro fuse, with pvc formers, and save some weight there as well, probably 2 -4 oz. You can also switch it over to a conventional tail if you want. Just make the hor. stab area 18% of the wing area (including the elevator), and the vert. stab 1/2 the size of the hor. stab.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:53 PM
adam_messed_up

thanks alot, gee, my typings offf tonite
Old 10-31-2003, 04:48 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

I have built a 28" Spad3D that flew great on a norvel .25. I made the chord shorter by 4 inches, the wingspan 28" (as mentioned), the U channel used was 28", and I left all the control surfaces the same size as the .40 size. Use your imagination
Old 10-31-2003, 06:49 PM
rlt55

Using a GMS .32 on my 30"WS SPA3D, but the rail is 32" long
It's a fantastic plane. You could take off the engine mount and
wing with about 4 screws. It would take a few minutes to put
together on site, but would be worth it!