Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Harbor Sales Customer Service Is Lacking

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Harbor Sales Customer Service Is Lacking

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Crash Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harbor Sales Customer Service Is Lacking

I ordered a slew (almost $100) of coro from Harbor Sales late last week from their website. It got here real quick, but it was cut wrong. I called customer service today and they gave me a hard time about returning it. I was told that this stuff would be trash by the time it got back to them and that it doesn't stand up well to being shipped back and forth. Not only that, but it use to be that orders over $25 were shipped free. Now you have to have an order over $50to get the free shipping.

The purpose of this thread is to warn anyone ordering from Harbor to seriously consider using the telphone instead of the website. My last order went without a hitch, but I ordered thru a person. This time I went thru the website and the order got screwed up and had fits getting authorization to return it. Simply put, take a few extra minutes, call them and talk to a person so that they know exactly what you need.

Murphy's Law loves me,
Old 12-13-2003, 04:39 AM
mikenlapaz

Default RE: Harbor Sales Customer Service Is Lacking

It is good to call but I would suggest that you take the time to draw out a cut diagram for what you want. They sent the dimensions ordered but I had plans for the 'scrap' pieces as well. A cut diagram should get you exactly what you want. We all have days where what you think gets turned around by the time it gets communicated thru several people.

I think that Harbor will go an extra step in there customer service. They had questions on my order and called me I.L.D. and we went thru the order piece by piece. How many business will spend $15+ to make sure a $150+ order is correct?
Old 12-13-2003, 09:17 PM
stgrlee

I have had good luck with Harbor. When ordering you have to be careful and give the correct measurements to get the flutes in the correct direction.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:35 AM
Captain351

I agree with you about ordering from the Web Site. There is just something about it that doesn't give much confidence.

I have only ordered from them once and I talked to customer service to place the order. They were very nice and my order was perfect when it arrived.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Mike in DC

I (and many others) have said it hear many times before. Call them. The web site is not set up for specifying the cuts and directions of flutes.