Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Getting Ready To Start First Real SPAD!!

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Getting Ready To Start First Real SPAD!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 12:58 AM
putt_13
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Ready To Start First Real SPAD!!

Hello,
Well, I tried my hand at a 14"x14" coroplast PBF, with a .061 up front. That didnt really work well, but I might still get it to fly.

So, to cheer myself up, today I went to Home Depot and bought 8 feet of 3/4" U-Channel Aluminum rail. I figure I can get a TON of fuselages outta that. I am going to be making something with a .061 on the nose. Here is a TurboCAD drawing I made of what it will look like. The wing is 34 inches long, and the fuselage is 25 inches long. Here ya go. Thanx -patrick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85654.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	151137  
Old 07-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Woodsy

Default RE: Getting Ready To Start First Real SPAD!!

check out chris spad's park flier on the spadworld forum, it's made for electric but i'm sure it would adapt to glow just fine
Old 07-09-2004, 01:05 AM
putt_13
My Feedback: (3)

Default IT FLEW!

HELLO!!!

I finally got that PBF to FLY. It was being real finnicky, but I finally got it to fly. I just kept launching it over tall grass, so that it wouldnt break of anything. After about 10 unsucessful launches, I finally got it perfectly trimmed, etc, and IT FLEW!. It was quite squirrely, but it still flew. I am now going to take the gear of out the PBF, and put it into my new flyer, the CAD one I just showed you all. -Patrick

PS- Man, I had NO CLUE that the .061 could haul that much butt!

PSS- What should I use for control horns. I dont have any manufactured REAL ones. Could I just use some balsa, and epoxy the whole thing, so that it's hard?? Thanx -Patrick
Old 07-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Woodsy

Default RE: Getting Ready To Start First Real SPAD!!

You can use a lot of things for horns, small bits of L shape plastic, zip ties ends, lite ply soaked in CA......