Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

A little spad to go

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 01:36 AM
nchrome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little spad to go

Okay guys here I am and I'm in a little need of your help. I'm currently building a spad version of a 3D electric foamy. I plan on using a Fox 15 for power and try to keep the weight down. Don't know for sure what I will end up with. But now for the problem it has a tapered wing and am trying to fold the bottom under the top of the wing with an 1/8 x1/4 spruce for the spar and to help give it an airfoil. The problem is in the leading edge. I plan on using a small dowel behind the material but I would like to have a smooth clean edge(not real smooth but fairly good). [>:]Ive tryed to test serval method but of no avail. This was done on scrap to get the look I would like to have. Do you think that maybe I could possibly lightly heat it before bending around the dowel rod or should I just take cut the upper half from the lower half and glue the upper and lower leading edges to the dowel rod and then to the spar and then to the trailing edge. Thanks for you help and am kindof courious of how this mite fly and maybe even do some 3Den. Just wnat to see if I can do it.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:59 PM
MalaysianFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A little spad to go

There is a method for doing this, was done by the guy who built the Mongoose and the SPADGO. Look for those planes on the spad home page, and check out the links to those planes. He basically built a jig that makes very nice rounded leading edges (much better than anything I could ever hope to produce)