Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

RX mounting

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 09:32 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX mounting

I read a post recommending Velcro for mounting the RX inside the fuselage. It said Velcro with no foam wrapping needed. What's the opinion of the board.

thanks,
bbell
Old 04-08-2005, 09:40 PM

Default RE: RX mounting

use foam

good luck
Old 04-08-2005, 09:56 PM

I agree, wrap it in foam. And if you still want a little more security, drill a couple holes in the fuselage next to the RX placement, and put a zip-tie around it to hold it in place as well. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALREADY FOUND YOUR CG BEFORE SECURING IT. That makes it a little harder to get back out but the zip-ties clip pretty easy.

John
Old 04-08-2005, 10:03 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I would venture to say that you should get your final CG with everything bolted(or zip tied) down first and then put the wing where you need it.

that way you put all the servos in the most functional postition and worry about the CG very last.(but not least)

Landing gear on a tail dragger is also a big difference maker. a .5" can make a big diff on the CG.

again I think it would be best to think of the landings and how close you want the gear to the motor to prevent nose downs on landing. Put your landing gear on accordingly and then set the CG with the wings.

I could be off here. What do the rest of you guys think.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:50 PM

ORIGINAL: I.C.O.N.

I would venture to say that you should get your final CG with everything bolted(or zip tied) down first and then put the wing where you need it.

that way you put all the servos in the most functional postition and worry about the CG very last.(but not least)

Landing gear on a tail dragger is also a big difference maker. a .5" can make a big diff on the CG.

again I think it would be best to think of the landings and how close you want the gear to the motor to prevent nose downs on landing. Put your landing gear on accordingly and then set the CG with the wings.

I could be off here. What do the rest of you guys think.
Sure. Just "bolt" everything down with elastics, using a pencil on the opposite side of the fuse to hold it and then slide till balanced.

I use foam and a zip tie to hold the goodies in place.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:44 AM

i don't see anything wrong with velcroing the reciever in place. I almost hate to admit it, but i use double sided tape, and a ziptie, i haven't foamed my recievers in a long time.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:25 PM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: ChrisSpad

i don't see anything wrong with velcroing the reciever in place. I almost hate to admit it, but i use double sided tape, and a ziptie, i haven't foamed my recievers in a long time.

I most often GOOP 'em down. Same with fuel tanks. Servos too, occasionally
Old 04-11-2005, 12:43 AM

Same here.

Jeff