Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Spad restlessness

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 09:53 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spad restlessness

OK now thats three , one more will complete the rat whack pack. Get real fellers, we are talking about a freaking SPAD plane here not a 300 dollar balsa constructed aircraft. And as far as help In this entire post I never requested any , only posted my feelings and some how offend the big bad SPAD clan. OH well another thread another bashing.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:58 PM
jessiej

ORIGINAL: RC-FIEND

OK now thats three , one more will complete the rat whack pack. Get real fellers, we are talking about a freaking SPAD plane here not a 300 dollar balsa constructed aircraft. And as far as help In this entire post I never requested any , only posted my feelings and some how offend the big bad SPAD clan. OH well another thread another bashing.

See?

jess
Old 06-20-2005, 10:04 PM
RC-Captain

Jessie I can always tell when you are bored , you answer threads with my replies in them.

Forgive me Fox I won't answer anymore negative responses to your thread. GL

P.S. notice Jessie had nothing to offer toward the thread but he had to join in on beating me to death.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:55 AM
alexp

Maybe if he posted less and worked a little more on his planes he would have more luck

ORIGINAL: jessiej

Sad to say, the above quote typifies RC-FIENDs reaction to all who try to help. Wonder why he has had such a notable lack of success

jess
Old 06-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Muldoer

I can hardly see any place where I was not being polite, Fox. I was merely pointing things out, Fox...and I get the X-files joke...right. So I'm a fan..so ****ing what.

While I may not have 1776 posts, I have however, been around forums long enough to know what behaviour is appropriate and what behaviour is not. I have never ever started an argument on any forum, and anytime where it may have been pointed out that I would have been impolite, I have apologized publicly within the said threads themselves.

Fiend, you call me a troll, yet after reading all your posts in the spad forum, I'm not even surprised. I mean, you've downright insulted people that have tried to help you, and refused to listen to any advice given to you. Your arguments are childish, always referring to things that dont even pertain to the discussion at hand. Like talking about your Ddust, but referring to a post that had absolutely nothing to do with your Ddust.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_26...tm.htm#2684725
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3037175/tm.htm

Those are 2 threads that you clearly hijacked, both of which turned into childish arguments way before I even got here. The way things are going in this one, it makes 3. Fox, I can only suggest you that you make another thread to get your questions answered. Its a shame there is a lack of moderators for this forum, because on any other forum that I frequent, your behaviour would have gotten you a couple warnings if not banned. Grow up.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:49 AM
jessiej

P.S. notice Jessie had nothing to offer toward the thread but he had to join in on beating me to death.

Never happen, RC. I hate waiting in line

jess
Old 06-21-2005, 01:45 PM
FighterBird873

Since I managed to get my one and only glow powered SPAD to fly on its first try, means I know everything. There is only one kind of SPAD that will fly, the Spadet. So that may explain your difficulty FIEND, you gotta build a Spadet. Anything outside my realm of understanding, doesn't exist.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:32 PM
RC-Captain

[X(] [&o] [:@] [:-] [:'(]

RCF esq.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:59 PM
jessiej

[X(] [&o] [:@] [:-] [:'(]

RCF esq.
After having been somewhat critical of some of your posts, I am pleased to be able to honestly compliment you on the much more articulate nature of the above quoted statement.

jess
Old 06-23-2005, 08:14 AM
cosmospho

this is a way funny thread, love it...... what matters in the end is that if it flies its good, if it doesn't no loss unlike balsa planes.... I am building a prototype aswell with no plans, plans are boring and are no challenge since you know they fly right ?? by the way RC Fiend your profile seems to be too thick, maybe thats why you can't get it going, just too much drag to lift it off the ground.... try to flatten a little the profile and maybe you will have less resistance...... I am building a delta with one piece of 4mm coro as a wing, and an engine strapped to it.... who needs a profile anyways.... hopefully it will fly [8D]
Old 06-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Jbolt

cosmosho- flat wing deltas work fine. Here's my Gremloid.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77958.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	288687  
Old 06-23-2005, 04:28 PM
ChrisSpad

I haven't seen a gremloid in an age - they really do nice high alpha landings. Another plane that i wish i still had.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Jbolt

I have one left. Built and un-flown, just needs an engine and radio. The last one I had flying disitigrated in a high speed dive. Methinks the Rossi .53DF motor was a bit too much.

Name:	Bz78796.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	288991  
Old 06-23-2005, 08:58 PM
RC-Captain

cosmosho- flat wing deltas work fine. Here's my Gremloid.
You must be able to read minds , because this design is exactly what I was going to try next. GL on your maiden if you didn't fly it yet .
Old 06-23-2005, 09:32 PM
ChrisSpad

did you scale yours down any? mine had a gms 76 on it - and i thought it could've used more. lol. I had 2 hi torque servos on it, though.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:11 PM
RC-Captain

I like yours better Jbolt , looks fast too .
Old 06-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Jbolt

Mine had a 34" span & 32" fuse. YS45 w/MACS pipe. I don't recal what prop I used but it hauled it around just fine. My first one had terrible flutter problems. It bent the 4-40 rods. On the one with the Rossi fan motor we ended cutting the elevons down to 2".

How did the rudders work out on your John Deerloid?
Old 06-23-2005, 10:59 PM
ChrisSpad

i never had any flutter problems on mine - but, it had an airfoil, and was quite a bit stiffer. Sizewise, it was the same as the original that Don Incoll built - it weighed around 7 lbs or so. Took forever to get off the ground, and landed hot, but the landings were beautiful, that was about the extent of it though, not much else to do other than that and rolls. lol.
The rudders were mainly for ground handling- they worked fine. I put a piece of aluminum tubing between the two to keep them stiff.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Chikokishi

Jbolt, i love that delta, where might i find plans for it? This forum is indeed pretty fun to watch, its a step away from the all happy other forums, yet its still got it politeness to it (mulder - you were indeed polite, but in text the wrong pattern of words may come off as impolite if you expect it to be like RC does) Hey RC, any luck with your plane yet?

-Fox
Old 06-23-2005, 11:15 PM
RC-Captain

Some how I managed to lose 2 bottles of CA glue, so I didn't make any repairs yet . Also I'm in the middle of moving , can't wait, more space to build. I bought some more CA glue today and plan on breaking in the new OS .25 this weekend . I garbage picked a piece of ply wood which is a bit thicker than the original wood I used for the engine mount so hopefully I will be able to nose into ground and not have to make repairs. Hey hopefully the DDust will do better with the OS .25 .

The stinking mini bee I ordered was sent back do to damage. I was planning to practice using this EP wing before attempting the DDUST again. But good old MURPHY"S LAW wins again. The mini bee will come in next Tuesday and by the weekend I will have it together to fool around with.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Jbolt

Did you ever correspond with Don? I got to know him pretty well before he dropped off the face of the earth. Actually it was because of his gremloid that I got to know him.

Here is his original sketch he sent me.

Name:	Lj23674.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	289055  
Old 06-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Chikokishi

Cool thanks, i think ill down size it and use my engine off of this plane for it. quite a ways down the road tho, i need to start stocking up on electronics and stuff so i can actually build a plane when i jsut feel like it and not worrly about buying stuff for it....but thatll taka while i bet. Specially for me tehe

-Fox
Old 06-24-2005, 06:32 AM
ChrisSpad

i emailed back and forth with Don a couple of times - he was quite a character. I remember when he disappeared. Its a shame, cause he built some neat stuff.