Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Spad restlessness

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Chikokishi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spad restlessness

Im still waiting for my materials to arrive, so lastnight i went and found some boxes and made a cardboard and ducttape spad!

-Fox
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75373.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	286648  
Old 06-18-2005, 02:12 PM
voyager_663rd

Default RE: Spad restlessness

Good stuff. Now cover the cardboard with some latex EXTERIOR paint (it's fuelproof with a topcoat of hobbypoxy or clearcoat), add the rest of the stuff (engine, etc) and go fly it. Cardboard planes have been around and popular for quite some time.

Same rules apply as for coro, balsa, etc.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Vic66

If you decided to sell it, you wouldnt even need to pack it for shipping, just put the address on it

I learned to fly back in the late 70's and my first trainer was a kit made from cardboard, glued together with pva like balsa and covered in solar film, flew really well, and looked like all the other trainers once it was finished.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:54 PM
RC-Captain

If you decided to sell it, you wouldn't even need to pack it for shipping, just put the address on it
ROTFLMAO, dude that is funny .....

As far as restlessness, I am just about fed the @#$@ UP with SPAD planes I make that don't fly. I guess I will give it a break until I can figure out what I am doing wrong. Today my DDUST didn't even seem like it had surface. GL.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:19 PM
voyager_663rd

ORIGINAL: RC-FIEND

If you decided to sell it, you wouldn't even need to pack it for shipping, just put the address on it
ROTFLMAO, dude that is funny .....

As far as restlessness, I am just about fed the @#$@ UP with SPAD planes I make that don't fly. I guess I will give it a break until I can figure out what I am doing wrong. Today my DDUST didn't even seem like it had surface. GL.
Post a couple of pics: wing from the end, the dust from different angles (kinda close up but not too close), etc. See what we can see and offer.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Chikokishi

This plane is nowhere near airworthy! I made it by ducttaping cardboard together and cutting it with preschool scissors. And i didnt even really worry about my measurements, kinda eyeballed everything however i did take off down the road on my bike holding it and it tried to fly kinda, but the ballance point is behind the wing (maybe if i actually had a engine i could fix that :>)

-Fox
Old 06-18-2005, 05:13 PM
RC-Captain

here are a few pics but as far as the angles be specific . Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95488.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	286736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64984.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	286737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44521.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	286738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys50154.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	286739  
Old 06-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Jbolt

RC-FIEND, instead of hijacking FightingFox's post start a new thread with some pics of your completed ddust. front, side, top, back etc.

Old 06-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Jbolt

ORIGINAL: FightingFox

(maybe if i actually had a engine i could fix that :>)
Maybe a big rubber band would be more appropriate. The fragile sticker is a nice touch though!
Old 06-19-2005, 01:47 AM
RC-Captain

You missed the boat, I did an entire thread on the build for the DDUST . But it doesn't matter I just have to get back in the lab and get it balanced properly.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Chikokishi

Good luck RC i hope it flies sometime soon, im waiting for flight reviews and such, looks like a awesome plane.

Thanks jbolt tehe :>

-Fox
Old 06-19-2005, 01:51 PM
RC-Captain

Thanks for th encouragement FightingFox, I can give you a quick review :

1. First flight had a dude toss the pane for me it went up and then nosed into the ground . Only thing broken was the engine mount. (wood)

2. Second attempt , I underhand launched the DDust , it went straight up and then nosed down into the ground. only thing broke was the engine mount.

Conclusion : Switched fuel from 15% to 5% nitro , the MAGNUM .28 ran 100% better on my little extra 300 which is demolished for the fourth time , this time do to dumb thumbs. I did not try the engine on the DDUST yet after switching fuel ,but will after finding a stronger engine mount.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Muldoer

1) You dont follow any plans, which for 99% of other people work perfectly the first time...
2) You refuse to listen to any of the advice given to you...
3) You dont use the proper materials in some cases, as an example, building a Debut wing out of 4mm coro, which the original plan calls for 2mm and canadian downspout fuselage, and you used 4mm to construct your Ddust, which is obviously a plan made out for 2mm.

You missed the boat, I did an entire thread on the build for the DDUST .
Then use your own thread to post about your airplanes. This isnt the first thread you hijacked and the last one turned into a childish argument.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:05 AM
doityourself

maybe try building a spad trainer or combat plane, easy to get them to fly. i am not good enouf for a dimond dust. to hi of stall speed []
Old 06-20-2005, 09:03 AM
FighterBird873

I thought the title of the thread was 'Spad reslessness'. Sounds like a perfect title to express someones design frustrations.

Maybe Agent Mulder didn't realize the X-Files got canceled.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Muldoer

ORIGINAL: FighterBird873

Maybe Agent Mulder didn't realize the X-Files got canceled.
That was almost funny.

What did I do to deserve such a crappy joke on your part?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:06 PM
FighterBird873

I thought you worked for the thread police.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:53 PM
RC-Captain

Yea beat it Muldoer you TROLL . How can you go around saying someone hijacked a thread in a forum room you didn't even start ?

As far as me using the wrong materials , Ask CHRIS SPAD himself who told me to use what I can get and improvise. If you have a problem with that, then I will let you sort it out with yourself. [:-]

Thanks FighterBird873 for putting this nobody in his place. Talk about high jacking a thread , he types everything I did wrong , and thinks he giving me the best advice in the WORLD ! go figure

As for those who are trying to help me I appreciate it , the next step I took was to buy a MINI BEE and practice flying with the elevon set up .The BEE is electric and is 34 1/2 inches wide which should help with controlling the wing.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:13 PM
ChrisSpad

i'd like to see where i told you to improvise. I told you exactly how i built the ddust, and yet you still didn't build it properly.

For the record, i am not involved in this in any way, but, muldoer's points are defenitely valid.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:52 PM
RC-Captain

Chris I am convinced you will disagree with me if I told you I was going to save your life. I guess you don't remember your post about using coro for the fuse instead of pipe. I guess you don't remember making a fit about me not being able to find the darn pvc pipe. You are a hypocrite and I can care less if you agree with that dimwit. Besides I never had a problem building the DDUST , it came in at 2 pounds even after using 4mm , if I even did use 4mm I don't even know how can you ? And to put this to bed he is not right , he's just a brown nosed kid or adult wanting to fit in somewhere. So I guess under your wings will do.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Chikokishi

Whoa now ladies, no fighting is my post. Indeed this is for spad restlessness, whatever your case might be. As for RC, yes, improvising can work most of the time, however and full plane out of 4mm when it shouldve been out of 2 mil would have a decent weight difference i would assume. And i think you should lead up to the ddust, maybe make a flying wing first? relitivly the same but i think a wing would be a little easier. your possible problem would be not enough experience to fly one of those? It sounds like it has too much speed for you. Im just guessing, im by far the least experienced. Plus RC i think you should reread your forum, it has good information, and take this plane as a learning exp, and build another better one. Or tweak with this one a while and maybe itll fly. And mulder, maybe you should try to be alittle more polite, wont start arguments as easily thanks for all your posts, and i invite you you argue about whatever it may be you want to argue about, but try to not insult one another? (the x-file joke was rather funny however...hehe) Hope you guys settle this little fued, seems like its been going on for a while!
-Fox
Old 06-20-2005, 08:32 PM
RC-Captain

Fox I never said I was going to give up , I said I am fed up . Yea 2mm is lighter than 4mm but by how much ? can't be much if my plane came out the same weight as Chrissy SPAD said it should . So what the hey . I'm not losing a dime attempting to make these plastic toys so maybe I will just post only when I get them to fly like some of the veteran spadders do. This is my entire argument , no one starting out in spad building can get it right 100% of the time but no one post there down falls . So I guess I will join the crowd. NO SWEAT off my back.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Madd_Maxx

RC-FIEND:

I can't understand why you have had so many problems getting a simple airplane (the whole SPAD concept) to fly. It is rather simple to do if you FOLLOW the tried and true plans that are posted on spadtothebone website and build straight from them. Did I have a few problems with my first SPADS....yes and ChrisSpad was one fo the first ones to try and help me out in getting them to fly correct. Turns out the ailerons were dropping a bit (I missed that in the final setup) and that was all I needed to do to solve the problem I was having. Have I experimented with the last few builds....YES but only after I have built several planes from the plans with no mods done to them. I understand that you have to start somewhere but first you must get one to fly before you can start tweaking the design to your liking.

Have I ever gotten a SPAD to fly.....YES I DID! As a matter of fact I flew 2 of them yesterday and have 3 more in my garage that are flyable. Check out the webpage in my sig to see my planes.

I can't understand why you think anyone owes you something when all you do is bash them for trying to help you out. Anyone every told you to respect your elders (even if they are younger than you but have more experience in a specialized field)....I'm guessing not from the response and flame war it looks like you're still fanning.

If it wasn't for the veteran SPAD builders helping out the new guys this would soon become a boring hobby with no growth in ideas for new planes or building methods.

Ok I'll step off the soapbox now

Madd_Maxx
Old 06-20-2005, 09:18 PM
RC-Captain

Ok I'll step off the soapbox now
You probably meant to say out of the ring YOU CLOWN !
Old 06-20-2005, 09:31 PM
jessiej

You probably meant to say out of the ring YOU CLOWN !

Sad to say, the above quote typifies RC-FIENDs reaction to all who try to help. Wonder why he has had such a notable lack of success

jess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.