Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Coro wing problem??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 01:10 AM
KyFBCGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coro wing problem??

I just finished a Replacement DEB wing and have what might be a problem with it.

I made it 64" with 5" of Dihedral for a trainer. It set up fine but in looking at it a couple of days later,
i noticed that the CA on about 1/3 of the rear spar on the top has pulled away. Apparently the glue
didnt hold it too well. I would hate to have to redo it and waste the yellow CORO that i special ordered,
so i am tempted to try it anyway. The trailing edge is on solid, so i dont think the wing will de-glue in flight,
but i wanted some thoughts from others about it.

Thanks guys!

Jeff
Old 10-15-2005, 07:58 AM
lecrote
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Coro wing problem??

Just put a bead of CA on each side of that spar from the the wing tip.

It should do the trick

Dan
Old 10-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could try CA, but if it breaks again; reach in there and poke some holes through the inside surface of the coro, apply poly glue, spritz with water, weigh down, and let sit overnight.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Omaha_RC_Flyer

ORIGINAL: Deadeye

You could try CA, but if it breaks again; reach in there and poke some holes through the inside surface of the coro, apply poly glue, spritz with water, weigh down, and let sit overnight.
Since I started using Deadeye's Woodpecker/Poly glue technique, I use very little CA on my spads. I haven't had a surface that I glued this way, fail yet. Makes the build time take a little longer, but I don't mind, since I have a CA allergy. I can use the odorless CA, but it cost too much.

Later,
Omaha
Old 10-16-2005, 11:42 PM
KyFBCGuy

Fixed the wing by dripping CA intothe gaps from the wing end.
The fumes from the CA ina confined space are really bad...Making me sneeze, and burning my eyes.
But its fixed... Going to do the center wrap and install the wing servos tomorrow.
Should have it in the air by friday...

Jeff
Old 10-17-2005, 08:23 AM
voyager_663rd

You could also just pull the wing apart, woodpecker it where it was glued and re-glue it (using polyurethane glue). That's my standard method of gluing (glue with ca/pull apart/reglue with poly).

Use a couple of zip ties if you still feel uncomfortable after the re-glue.