Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Simple landing gear for gutterpipe

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Simple landing gear for gutterpipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 02:32 AM
Tattoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple landing gear for gutterpipe

Here's a few pics on a very simple landing gear idea for a pipe plane that bands to the front wing dowels. Also check out the main wheel collars...just a drop of CA and some fuel tubing. The tail wheel is store bought and uses a seperate pushrod. The connection at the tail wheel end is half a nylon clevis cut away and a small collar.

Old 12-20-2002, 01:46 PM
OldRCer

What keeps this LG from folding fwd or aft on takeoff and landing
Old 12-20-2002, 03:46 PM
Tattoo

What keeps this LG from folding fwd or aft on takeoff and landing
It's in the way you wrap the rubberbands and it works GREAT!!! First of all position the gear behind the front dowels (in between the dowel and the wing).
You start at one wing dowel and run the rubberband down the side of the fuelage and across the bottom then around the opposite gear leg, and then back across the bottom and up to the same side as where you started. About 4 rubber bands per side and the gear ain't going anywhere!!! They wont ride up or pivit at all, but will give in the event of a hard landing!
Old 12-21-2002, 02:12 AM
OldRCer

Thanks, that's simple, easy, & cheap. In Nov. I orderd 1st. coro. TO now we've completed 4 PBF's, 8 or 9 Dogfighters, 3 Das plasticks & 1 spad stick . All have been a complete success thanks to all of you at spadtothebone also Dave Mcdonald & Kevin Harbretch . On the dogfighters we are using a1/4 dowell inside L.E. & not using wing wrap. I use a 4" foam 1/2 rib from spar to L.E. Will post pic's when I learn to use WIFE'S new cam & get permission.
Thanks again,
OldRCer
Old 12-21-2002, 03:10 AM
Tattoo

Holy cow!!! 16 airplanes in less than two months!!!!? And I though I was bad! Way to go!!!
Old 12-21-2002, 01:37 PM
OldRCer

Don't pat me on the back. this was club effort It just happend to
be in my garage cause that's where the coro is . Taking a break for Christmas. Wishing all of you a very merry christmas and a happy new year. Hmm ,let me think-------O.K. how about sleigh shaped wing tips for that last PBF?