Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

QHOR 40

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:23 PM
tyler.allen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QHOR 40

Any tips or suggestions would be helpful...I have already been to spadtothebone.com. I was just wondering if anyone out there has built one or knows any tips that would help me out. Also about how much to you expect the plane to cost (not including radio or engine)?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:02 PM
red_guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: QHOR 40

hello,

i owned two of them. actually i had the 25 version but it is the same stuff. they fly great. just do not slide the wing too far back on the rail in order to balance it. a little lead on the nose wont hurt a bit. my first one had lead on the nose and it flew great even with the extra weight. the second i balanced it by sliding the wing back on the rail and i was never satisfied with the result. also i used 2 aileron servos mounted in the wing. i found the setup more convenient. but a servo should also do the job. also i skipped the landing gear on the second due to many rail bends caused by the lg on not so good landings. hand launch is ok with this plane. and finnaly if you are not into 3d stuff you can skip the rudder. save a servo and the trouble of making that rudder from the vertical fin. i just did not use it so i skipped it on my second spad. also you can skip the tail wheel. works like a charm without it (i didnt skip it but on my next spad i will for sure)

red