Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

I think it's funny!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 06:47 AM
spadworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think it's funny!

I can tell you I have a ton of plans, yet I cannot tell you where. I can tell you I have a web site, yet I cannot tell you the address. I can tell you I have this wonderfull NEW plane, yet I can't tell you how to access the plans. Oh and my other hangouts well you guess it EXTREMELY out of the question. can't tell you. It's against policy.

I'll tell you though. I have a wedie engine and a plane for it that is a SPAD. I guess that's it.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:23 AM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

To clear this up before it gets completely misunderstood by everyone, This person has not been banned or anything even close to that. It is simply policy here on RCU that there are no COMMERCIAL LINKS to another web site like ours. I have tried to talk to this guy in the past about plugging. He has listed himself as the ADMINISTRATOR of SPADWORLD.COM and when asked previously he didn't want to tell me whether or not his site was COMMERCIAL. After viewing his site and going by his title, I had to ASSUME one thing or another. If he would have only said "NO IT IS NOT COMMERCIAL" it might have been different.
Old 01-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Ross Kean

CAPtain232

Is Stuart's website commercial in nature?? Not that I have noticed. He has gathered a very large set of SPAD plans and resources for SPADders to access.

Have a look!

Ross
Old 01-20-2003, 12:54 PM
rchawaii

Edited-contents moved
Old 01-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Tattoo

I will also back up all that has been said.
Spad is our hobby, we do it for fun, we spread the fun to anyone interested for free. Knowledge between forums has also been one of the coolest aspects of Spad. I have always promoted total knowledge flow, and the Spad has thrived at Spadworld, RCCA, and now hopefully here because of it. Spad now has 3 forum locations to go to, none of them comercial, and all promote eachother. That's the way it should be. Everything Stu has done is out of desire to spread the fun and get the information out there. We all pay our own bills, and make no money at this. Nothing comercial about it.

I will add that there is only one location that could be considered comercial in all of Spadland and that is one page at spadtothebone that lists people that build and sell Spad ARF's. These people are completely independent from what we do with the Plans websites, the hint's and tips website, and the forums.

Stu is young, works hard, and only want's to spread the fun...one of the reason his website may look comercial is because he is an aspiring web designer and it shows
Old 01-20-2003, 05:59 PM
CAPtain232

This is the last I wil say of it all....I tried to talk to him in te past, HE GAVE ME NO HELP in deciding whether or not it was commercial. I have NEVER received an email or PM back from him until this cam about and it was only after the fact that he got upset. If indeed it is his personal site, which it may very well be, I am truely sorry. If he would have helped me make a better decision, this would not have happened.

I have viewed his site and thoght that it could go either way. I have viewed some of your other sites and opted to not bother with the same actions that I took with STUART because from what I have seen so far, most of you have not solicited like he has.

I do not understand why he would not communicate with me?
I did not tell him not to come back to RCU!!
He is more than welcome, I would just like to actually hear from him and clear this up.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:45 PM
spadworld

You can now hear from me. I don't like PRIVATE MASSAGING and never even knew it was here. Maybe our fault but most of us SPADers that migrated over to spread the hobby follow a direct link to the SPAD area to spead up our work (YES I SAID WORK) It isn't easy to even try to attempt to reply to every message the pertains to SPAD but we do our best and try to make it as easy as possible so we can get back to our projects, work, families.

If you'd used the E-mail option you would have gotten ahold of me much quicker. I am a Mod at the spadworld forum and if I have any issue with any message wether the severity I ALWAYS use the E-mail. It's more personal and you can be notified of when it's recieved which I have found with the Private messaging that is offered here. I you wish you can see that my "PLUGGING" here is no more severe than any other message board out there. It's actually a lot less. On the Spad world message board I have my pic with link. On the RCCA forum I use my picwith link AND another pic with link to goto the SPADWORLD.NET FORUM. We all are working for one thing. TO HAVE FUN. I as one that lives in a smaller town in TEXAS have found NO ONE that is flying or buildign SPAD PLANES near me. Kinda boring if you ask me flying by myself with the occasional car stopping to watch for about 1 - 2 minutes. I even hand out cards to hellp promote the idea to any other people interested in Flying R/C. I just spoke to a hobby shop employee that was setting up a small balsa trainer. I told him that if he gets tired of the down time between crashes to build a spad and try it. Also I gave him EVERY LINK """INCLUDING THIS ONE""" to help him learn about it. There were a couple boy scouts flying BALSA TRAINERS at a field near by and when I went to watch I found that one of them was flying a trainer like it was a stunt plane. I introduced my self and told them I would return shortly. I came back with EVERY PLANE I HAD. Then after seeing how he looked at one of them I pulled out my tools and STRIPPED it down and handed it to him as a gift.

That is who I am that is what I do.
And please E-mail me if you have a PRIVATE MESSAGE to give me. I have only 8 of them so they are not that hard to get through. [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; spadworldadmin.charter.net ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]

So please E-mail me if you need to contact me. Don't use WEBSITE PRIVEATE MESSAGING SERVICES.

Stuart
SpadWorld.com ADMIN
Old 01-20-2003, 11:30 PM
ChrisSpad

I'll chime in my 2 cents as worth here as well.
The whole SPAD concept is about the free exchange of ideas, plain and simple. No one makes a penny off of it (with the exception of the people building arf's), and believe me, they aren't getting rich, just helping to pay for their hobby.
SPAD is, and always has been a noncommerical, grass roots movement.

As a moderator on the both of the other Spad forums, i can't say i've ever seen you on either of them, so i wonder exactly how much you know about Spad.

And, as far as commercial links, i am willing to bet, i could do a search for Tower hobbies.com, and find about a thousand, or Radical Rc, or servo city, or paragon aero, or any other of hundreds of suppliers. Just to prove my point, i did a search for Tower and Hobbies, and came up with 1434 topics.

I think you need to check your policy, or spend a couple of years deleting posts.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:23 AM
THE GOD-FATHER

Scorecard....Chris 1, Captain 232 0

well actually it would be Chris 14343, Captain 232 0, but we won't go there!
Old 01-21-2003, 05:01 AM
rchawaii

Edited-contents moved

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...24&forumid=235]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	48938_858.gif
Views:	19
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	30105  
Old 01-22-2003, 07:10 PM
boogerboy
My Feedback: (3)

Default I LOVE RCU!

I BROKE A FEW RULES ON RCU! EVERYBODY WAS REAL NICE TO ME ABOUT IT! I UNDERSTAND THE RULES NOW AND AM VERY HAPPING WITH THEM AND THE FINE FOLKS AT RCU! I BUILT MYSELF SOME PLANES YESTERDAY AND TODAY! HERE IS A PIC OF THEM! BOOGERBOY!

Name:	49329_9470.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	30106  
Old 01-22-2003, 07:28 PM
DLSmith2

Howdy!

Boogerboy, nice fleet! What's the story on the green PBF triangle-kind-of-thingy? How does it fly, compared to the other PBFs shown? How'd you mount the engine, etc.?

DL
Old 01-22-2003, 09:56 PM
boogerboy
My Feedback: (3)

Default GREEN DELTA!

IT HAS A 24" WS. BUILT JUST LIKE A PIZZA BOX FLYER. I HAVE A .15 ON THIS ONE. IT WEIGHS LESS THAN 1.5 LBS. FLYES GOOD! PRETTY FAST TOO! FULL SIZE SERVO'S AND RECEIVER! THANKS BOOGERBOY!

Name:	49365_9470.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	30107  
Old 01-24-2003, 04:04 AM
Crash Master

I guess it's my turn to throw my opinion into this mess.

I am with the rest of the spadders who have responded favorably about spadworld's site.

While SPAD is a fairly new topic here on RCU and it is growing in interest, SPAD is not new. There is a wealth of information on the other SPAD sites and on all of them, the general philosophy is to share the wealth (ie knowledge) in order to increase the awareness of the SPAD concept.

If you want to tap the wealth of knowledge for the traditional balsa type of airplane(s) then RCU is THE place to come. While I think RCU has a great deal to offer it members in regards to balsa planes, it is lacking in the area of SPAD's. That's where all the SPAD site come into play. The SPAD sites have the information and/or experience that is lacking here on RCU.

If you want to benefit the RCU members who are/may be interested in the SPAD concept, then provide them with the necessary links to obtain the information that is not readily available here.

And I for one do not care where the information is that I am looking for. If its on a commercial site - I don't care. If it's on somebody's personal site way out BFE, I don't care. If I want/need information I will go to wherever I have to intil I find it.
There is lot's of information out there that benefits me and other pilots that is on commercial sites. There are a lot of commercial sites that offer this information (for FREE) in order to benefit whoever may find it helpful.

I have been to spadworld.com. I have been to buylowhobbies.com and towerhobbies.com. There is a difference between spadworld.com and buylowhobbies.com and towerhobbies.com. No where on spadworld.com do/did I find anything for sale from this site. I didn't find a shopping cart. I couldn't even find a price for anything. This I would assume is a good example fo a non-commercial website.

Now at buylowhobbies.com and towerhobbies.com I did find a shopping cart on both sites. I found all kind of RC stuff for sale and I could tell it was for sale because everything had a price on it. To me, these are both commerical sites. To me, a commercial site conducts some sort of commerce. It has something for sale and in most cases the presence of a shopping cart is a very good indicator.

For what it's worth, this is how I can tell a commercial site from a non-commercial site. I may not have a fancy college degree, but I can tell a commercial site from a non-commercial site.

If all of this is over site content, then perhaps Mark should get together with all of the Mod's here and explain to them the definition of a "commercial" website. I also think that if Stuart received something from RCU that he took offense to, then I think Stuart is owed a sincere apology for his efforts to promote the SPAD concept.

Finally, I want it to be know that I became a member of RCU because of its wealth of information that I was looking for at the time before I discovered SPAD's. If this is the kind of stuff that goes on here, then maybe my time for being a member has passed. I have pretty much retired all of my balsa planes in lieu of the SPAD's so the need for information here is no longer necessary. RCU has enough members that if I decide to discontinue my membership here, nobody will lose any sleep over it.

Stuart, you are to be commended for your efforts in promoting the SPAD concept. You have expended a tremendous amount of time to provide a central location for information and plans and I for one appreciate it. I hope that you will continue your efforts.

Sorry for being so long-winded,
Old 01-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Tattoo

Free flow of info = win-win for all involved

Sensorship usually=win-loose and the sensors often loose

Throught recent history, books and music proove the point, when something controversial gets banned or sensored, is sparks couriosity, and the banned or sensored items shoot up the charts.

Two of the biggest players in the free flow of free non comercial Spad information (Stu and RCHawii) have been discouraged from providing their knowledge and information here, and have been happy to remain within their group of friends at Spadworld and the RCCA.

RCU has actually done them a favor, as couriosity will cause R/C'ers who find Spad on RCU to search out what this thread is all about, and quess where they end up? The link to the original Spad site has always been in my signature, and once there, the site contains links to every other Spad hot spot.

This whole darn issue is really ashame. I wish Stu and RCHawii could have explained it better, and I wish RCU wouldn't have been so quick to jump to conclusions.

I really encourage CAPtain232 to work it out with RCU admin and Stu and RCHawii, so we can get back to the win-win information freeflow. There's too much Spad building and flying and fun to be had to spend another second wasting it on win-loose issues.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:33 PM
CAPtain232

I agree with all of you, IT IS A SHAME IT CAME TO THIS.

BUT there has be NO ONE kicked off of the RCU site over this, they left on htheir own doing. The only thing I can do is ask you to put yourselves in my shoes. Their WEBSITE is very much like ours, so therefor it is our compitition. I tried to talk to Stu and got nothing from him until he was too mad. He tells me he didn.....scratch that I am not here to explain ALL that happened. Simply put, we have rules to abide by and I was TRYING to get the problem resolved. I never once said anything HARSH to ANYONE.

I SIMPLY DID MY JOB.

I have given everyone the chance to speak their piece, now

LET'S ALL LEAVE IT AS IT STANDS.....PLEASE

IT IS A SHAME............
Old 01-24-2003, 10:12 PM
ChrisSpad

you know, i've been called bullheaded, and stubborn, but when i make a mistake, i am man enough to admit it. If you would have checked out any of the sites he posted, they are strictly spad related, and totally non commercial.

You are, imo, way out of bounds.

Be a man and apologize.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:31 PM
Chunky C

Aministrator at the spadworld.net (Free information)
Webmaster at spadtothebone.com (Free plans)
Webmaster and server host for the Spadonian Locator (Yea it's free too)
more free stuff? Try spadworld.com.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:49 PM
rchawaii

Ignorance is bliss my friend.

You stated: "Their WEBSITE is very much like ours, so therefore it is our compitition."

Tattoo, CAP here was given very detailed explanations, and he can not deny that, he has chosen to ignore them all-

AGAIN CAP goto SPADWORLD.COM and tell me how it is like this site. Stuart is the person whom you held back anyway, not me, you allowed me to post away, links to the forum, spadtothebone, and all of the links I had handy-you did the same with everyone else in this section! For some odd reason, you singled out Stu, who only posted a simple message about where to get free PLASTIC plans . Stu doesn't even run a forum.

The when you're done sucking that information and your actions up, apologize to Stu.

Then go to Spadworld.net And see that it is virtually BALSA free! Wheres the competition in that buddy!

CAP look at my registration date. Have I come here to eat your lunch? Or did I come with something that I thought would, perhaps break a barrier between sites and help people. Once again, that's how it is perceived.

Get off the "my competition trip". I'm not the competition, look elsewhere for a fight. If you'd like more detailed explanations, I'll email them to you no problem, but conversations like this never make any forum look appealing.

One last comment and Ill paraphrase the contents.

if your site is totally non commercial (no ads or selling of products) you can do one "shameless plug" lets call it per month. This is to eliminate plugs over and over (spamming). You can however put your name and website URL in your signature which would then appear at the bottom of your posts (no promo stuff in it...you could do "Spadworld - www.spadworld.com" or whatever).

If you needed to link out to a specific item of interest for some
reason relevant to the topic/thread you could link directly to that
resource in context.

Not sure how your plugs were stated but the above can be used as a safe guideline for referring to your site on RCU.

You want to know where I got that information CAP?

Suck it up bro with that small piece of land you'e standing on, you're sinking.

Oh I have nothing against you BTW, you're cool with me, just that
actions speak louder than words

So CAP- I think Stu is owed an apology. Nothing more for me to add. . And If I spammed RCU by DEFINITION, I apologize, it won't happen again.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Default gee whizz

CAP may have jumped the gun a bit. Maybe not, but STU should have just replied and made his case. I DON'T DO PM'S Thats a crock. Is STU short for STU BORNE?
Old 01-25-2003, 12:35 AM
Chunky C

Buz,

This guy saw Stu's post about spadworld.com and jumped the gun and assumed that is was about spadworld.net, a forum like this one but entirely about SPADS. He beat Stu up over the post, now wont even apologize for his error. That's what a the ado about nothing is about.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:36 AM
pinball-RCU

Scorecard....Chris 1, Captain 232 0
Doesn't really matter what the score is, because Captain owns the ball.

There's really not much to go on here, but Captain has been uniformly polite, and Stu has been rude, sarcastic and inflexible. Stu says, essentially, "If you want to talk to me, you do it my way." That's not going to fly when it's the other guys approval you want and need.

Stu's site has a big ad for Starider's Engines. Is that commercial? I don't know, because I don't know what Stu was guilty of. Stu: hint: fix the broken and obsolete links!

Stu, a word to the wise: Swallow your pride. It's not helping here. Tell Captain you're sorry, you didn't understand the rules, could he clarify them please. PM him. It's not that big a deal. I actually prefer it myself. The rest of you: If you're going to start an Internet lynching, again, do it where you own the court.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:39 AM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Default MY APPOLIGEZZZ

That explination makes all the diff in the world. Thx for makeing it clear CHUNKY C, CARRY ON GENT'S
Old 01-25-2003, 12:39 AM
rchawaii

Edited: Content Removed.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:45 AM
rchawaii

Edited: Content removed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.