Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Qhor with a flat wing; It works!!!

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Qhor with a flat wing; It works!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 04:48 PM
ANeat
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Qhor with a flat wing; It works!!!

Hello everyone; I tried a Qhor with a flat wing today and it flies great. Talk about a harrier machine, oh boy. This is my first Qhor so I cant really compare it to ones with a folded wing but the flight behavior looks just like the ones in several of the videos people have posted.
Mine is the standard dimension 40 sized Qhor with a few changes. I made the boom 36", The span is 36". I cut out the standard sized pattern for the folded wing but I just folded the first 4" back onto itself and glued it flat.
From there I just screwed it to the bottom of the boom which leaves the entire top of the boom exposed and gives a little more flexability in positioning the servos. The radio equipment and fuel tank are all positioned similar to a PBF; Hey its flat; pick a spot
The wing also has some flex similar to a PBF. Im sure the fold helped some but a small carbon rod or dowel in the leading edge couldnt hurt if the flex bothers you.
It looks pretty cool on the take off run as the wing goes from a slight droop to flexing up.
Mine came out at 3lbs 12oz with 4 standard servos and a tired 40fp. It doesnt quite have the guts to hover but it hangs motionless for about 5 seconds before tailsliding down. Ill have to dig out the old ASP 61 for a try :devious:
Adam
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	73117_20730.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	44096  
Old 04-23-2003, 04:53 PM
ANeat
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Qhor with a flat wing; It works!!!

One more pic,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	73118_20730.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	44097