Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

What to do...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 09:02 AM
catracer343

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do...

I have recently acquired a sheet of yellow 10mm coroplast (24"X32" with the flutes running along the 32" dim.) I also have 4 O.S. engines laying around...a .40FP, .40LA, .46LA, and a .15LA. I was thinking about trying a delta, PBF, or a profile Cub or something. Does anyone have plans, suggestions, or ideas? Thanks for the help! P.S. This is my first attempt at spading! -Craig
Old 07-27-2008, 10:09 AM
draftman1

Default RE: What to do...

Hello and welcome to spads. the 10mm is a lot thicker than what we use, 4mm and 2mm are the normal stuff we use. there really are not any plans for a profile plane, and the 10mm wouldbe great for the fusalog. it would also be great for a flat wing, like a foamy plane would have. I would be looking at the foamy plane designs first. there are a lot of them on rcgroups under the foamy scratchbuilt thread. For regular spads and coro education, go to spadtothebone website. there is a ton of info on building with coro and a bunch of free plans. also visit the spadworld site for more info, check out the stickies on the forum, tons of info.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
riond

I agree with Draftsman. Maybe look at the GeeBee on STTB website. And I made the Tuit out of 2 mm Coro so anything is possible. Just keep looking for what you like and build it. The worst that can happen is you crash and break a prop. OK alot more can happen but be possitive. What ever you make, fly safe and check the balance before you send her to the skies. That is where I find most of my problems on new builds. I don't double and triple check CG before maiden. Good luck and let us know the results.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
catracer343

Well, I started a delta. 32" span...40LA powered. I'll have to get some pics for you all. The weight is actually not that bad! See ya soon! -Craig
Old 07-29-2008, 06:25 PM
mclina

I can't wait to see how it turns out. I tried a delta this year and failed miserably. I'm sure you will have better luck. It's all about the CG.