Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

FYI Spad Materials in Australia

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

FYI Spad Materials in Australia

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 PM
sweetdudeplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI Spad Materials in Australia

Hi Team,

Just thought i post this for the benefit of the Aussie Spadders out there having issues sourcing supplies, after building my first spad and having issues finding supplies the following businesses had most if not all of what was needed for a QHOR and a Das Plas Stick -

Bunnings has 3mm and 5mm Coreflute (same stuff as coroplast or corrugated plastic sheeting - white sheets only) most sign shops can get coloured sheets.

Miter 10 and Bunnings for 20 x 20 x 1.6mm Aluminium Channel, did the job for the QHOR only had to make a ply mount for the rear servo's and bought a GWS servo which is 16mm wide and fits the rail perfectly for the aleirons. (they also had square alu tube 25mm as well you could cut the top off for wider channel if you wanted)

For PVC square pipe for the Das Plas Stick (not built yet) Clipsal or Better Electrical sells PVC Duct I believe Clipsal calls it Maxi Duct has a clip on top section which is great for access I am going to use the 75 x 50mm square stuff they have a range of other sizes (75 x 75, 50 x 50 etc) comes in 4 metre lengths, any electrical wholesale shop would sell PVC duct.

http://www.clipsal.com.au/trade/prod...-_non_metallic

Hope this helps someone,

Cheers,

sweetdudeplanes.