Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Leadfoot's project

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leadfoot's project

I thought I would share what I am working on lately. I don't have very much done though but I thought I would give everybody something to read. I picked up a used World Models P-51 voodoo from Tommy Gun (yes he owned a mustang) for a good price. I needed to make a new cowl for it because the origanal cowl was cutout for a side mounted engine and I like my motors to be upside down. Hmmm, who do I know who might be able to help me with this??? I know, my good friend Ollie! Ollie showed me how to do this and the pictures are of my very first composite airplane part I have ever made. It looks great and I'm very proud of it.

Thank you Ollie for taking time out of your vacation to teach me how to make molds. You are a great teacher and I can't wait to use my new knowledge to make more new things. You're the best!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:07 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Leadfoot's project

Looks nice! Congrats on a successful project.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Is there an airplane that fits onto or is that going to be your cup for the Sat nite BBQ? Looks good Casey glad to see someone else learing composites.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Of coarse there is an airplane to go with it although the cup idea isn't so bad! I'll have to keep posting as I get farther with my project. This thread was my way of trying out my new phone and posting pictures from it. The plane is a World Models Voodoo but it's stripped down. I'm gonna do something cool with it so you will have to keep checking the thread for updates.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:07 PM
speedracerntrixie

I'm all eyes. I had planned on a new race plane for next year. I have a fuse plug all ready to go but with the cold temps and having the flu I put it on the shelf. I still have the two airplanes so I will be going with those. Considering an engine update for the .60 size though. Cowl looks good, looking forward to seeing the rest of the airplane.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

I thought I would share what I am working on lately. I don't have very much done though but I thought I would give everybody something to read. I picked up a used World Models P-51 voodoo from Tommy Gun (yes he owned a mustang) for a good price. I needed to make a new cowl for it because the origanal cowl was cutout for a side mounted engine and I like my motors to be upside down. Hmmm, who do I know who might be able to help me with this??? I know, my good friend Ollie! Ollie showed me how to do this and the pictures are of my very first composite airplane part I have ever made. It looks great and I'm very proud of it.

Thank you Ollie for taking time out of your vacation to teach me how to make molds. You are a great teacher and I can't wait to use my new knowledge to make more new things. You're the best!
My pleasure, Casey! I'm glad you found the process rewarding; and am thrilled to finally have something to read on this forum. (I've been on vacation for two weeks . . . and it's been awfully quiet in here this whole time.)

Speed,
Is your new plug for a redesigned Macchi, or something else completely? When do we get to see Aly's new ride?

Ollie
Old 01-04-2013, 06:33 PM
speedracerntrixie

Ollie, the new airplane is of course a Macchi. We havent been able to do much with Ali's training. It's been a long couple of months over here. The Denali is in the shop waiting for a new motor and the VW that I was using as a commuter needed a new clutch. The result of that was we had to go buy another car. Once we get back up and rolling we will resume her training at a pace she determines. She has been focusing mainly on school.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:31 PM
sergio varo

OK CASEY ITS BEEN A MONTH. WHATS UP? I KNOW YOU DONT WATCH FOOTBALL OR THE NINERS. I NEED MORE PICS!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sergio varo

OK CASEY ITS BEEN A MONTH. WHATS UP? I KNOW YOU DONT WATCH FOOTBALL OR THE NINERS. I NEED MORE PICS!!!
Yeah Casey! I got tired of waiting for you to come back over to pull my new P-47 cowl out of the mold, so I finally pulled it myself on Saturday. This better not turn into one of those Warbird Trinity-type build threads that should have been done in a few months but end up going on for two years now, and without any posts for months! What's up with that other guy, anyway?!