Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

The World Models Spitfire 40

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

The World Models Spitfire 40

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 05:59 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The World Models Spitfire 40

The Spitfire 40 was purpose built for Warbird Racing. I have taken some pictures and have a couple of videos that may be of interest.

This is an introduction to the Spitfire 40 ARF kit by The World Models. It is available in the US from AirBorne Models at http://www.airborne-models.com/html/...?ProductID=185 ... This plane is constructed for use in Warbird Pylon Racing and is a great looking model. Stay tuned for more videos about this plane with assembly tips and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0MV3VROZAs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91u5uGZssaM
Old 01-27-2016, 08:12 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

Nice videos man. The warbird racing out here in Northern Commiefornia is a blast. I have been asking some of the racers out here to do some videos on valve adjustments on these, but no takers. You should do one.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:27 PM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job Don! Thanks for taking the time to do those. Lot's of new guys that want to get involved in our style of racing will benefit from them.

Dave
Old 01-28-2016, 06:10 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by pjakew
Nice videos man. The warbird racing out here in Northern Commiefornia is a blast. I have been asking some of the racers out here to do some videos on valve adjustments on these, but no takers. You should do one.
Thanks guys. I now have a YS FZ63S, a YS115FZ-WS, and a YS DZ185. I now have easy access to Richard Verano of YS and I will be making a lot more videos on the YS engines, and other brands.

Please share the links to the videos so that people get hooked up to my YouTube channel and get notified when I post new videos.

I hope to get to break-in the YS115 this weekend. And it will be video taped.

I'm anxious to run the DZ185 as it is a candidate forhttp://Warbird80.com ... but the 115 is more important in terms of getting people to the http://WarbirdNATS.com ... if you know of any links that need to be added to that page, please send them to me or post them here.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:38 AM
dan kelly

Great Video Don. Thanks for all the tips and the Spitfire Video. Good luck at the Nats.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:23 PM
The YoungGun

Great video, very helpful. 👍
Old 02-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pjakew
Jake,
Next time you are at SAM I'll personally show you how to adjust your valves. It isn't hard and only takes a minute.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:32 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

I will take you up on that Jimmy!
Old 02-28-2016, 05:26 PM
gtm3323

Notes from my spitfire I will share with others.

Weight - everything minus fuel (YS 115 Engine) - 7.3 lbs

Airraptor is right in stating the elevator needs some down elevator if plane engine is mounted stock for plane to fly level. Prob 5-10 clicks

Easiest to take plane off half throttle with some up elevator and right rudder. Takes out changes of ground looping. Would not recommend taking off from full throttle, may nose over. To take off from idle is no where are easy as compared to a World Model Mustang. To me the spitfire is unpredictable. However MANY have taken plane off from idle. I may just not be good enough. Any cross wind - good luck

This is how I have my travel on the control surfaces set -

Elevator -
Take Off (Highest Rate) - 10mm up and down
Landing (Mid Rate) - 7.5mm up, 8mm down
Race Mode (Low Rate) - 4mm up, 5mm down

Rudder -
One rate - 17mm left and right

Right Aileron -
Take off (High Rate) - 11mm
Race mode (Low Rate) - 9mm

Left Aileron
Take off (High Rate) - 8mm up, 6mm down
Race mode (Low Rate) - 6mm up, 5mm down

I do not have plane laterally balanced, hence differences in L and R travel.

When I race, I can pull all the way down on the stick and plane does not high speed stall.

Plane does not tuck in the turns either. So not too interested in laterally balancing it.

See you at the races!

Gerald Jr.

Last edited by gtm3323; 02-28-2016 at 05:49 PM.