Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

,25 Scale Pylon Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 07:25 PM
Ed E Rankin
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ,25 Scale Pylon Racing

The Fort Worth Thunderbirds are trying again to start .25 Scale (300 sq. in.) Pylon Racing. They are inexpensive: $85 engine, less than $100 for airplane. We have (4) Tsunami's, (2) Lancair IV now and are having a ball.
Photo of my Tsunami is attached. I have plans/foam cores, for it and Pollen Special.
It sure is small beside my Giant Scale Tsunami (Herb 280) I have been designing and flying the Tsunami since 1995 at the Galveston Giant Scale Race.
Ed. E. Rankin
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	88890_1119.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	51254  
Old 06-24-2003, 12:39 AM
PylonWorld
Banned

Ed,

Thanks for joining us.

If you need help getting your photo attached, email it to me and I'll take care of it.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:52 AM
PylonWorld
Banned

Ed,

I cropped the photo and changed the dimensions. The max size on RCU is 700 x 700 pixels and 70K. I'll be glad to prep any other photos ... I'd like to see the Lancair.

Cool looking little plane. Are you selling the kits?
Old 11-13-2015, 10:55 AM
toysekroll

Hi Ed!

Do you have any drawing/plan to ship to me here in Norway. I have been into the scale racing adventure since 1995. My first giant was the 1/3 scale Pond Racer produced by Sky Aviation, retracts from Kerry J. Sterner on two Quadrq 100 RSS. Along with the Pond Racer the Tsunami is out of a special breed.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:33 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello great idea but wondering if you could increase the wing area to 400 square inches? We do a lot of warbird racing out here in california. are smallest planes are at 400 square. With 400 square you could kinda do like the club racers and use any 45-46 two stroke except the nelsons and Jetts. I know of a couple of guys making kits in this 400 square inch range also. The reason I mention the 400 also is that we might down the road combine and get guys into the bigger warbirds and we could get some guys coming to Texas to race with you guys. Thoughts?

Another thing to look at for the 25 size racing to get people into racing is at the Sacramento club we have outlaw racing kinda like your proposed race. We use the Great planes 25 size spitefire. Only engine is the OS 25FX and have to run a 9x6 prop. We have a race every month and compete for yearly points.

I know next year we have a lot of races and one highlight is that we will have the first Warbird race at the NATS in July. I can send you a copy of the rules once we get them approved if you would like.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:38 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

toysekroll check out eighthscale aviation on face book. Tim Stafford on there has great short kits and working on many more. He has two sizes of the Tsunami. one at 400 square inches and one at 515 sq. you can get a race version or the scale one. not much difference but the scope is just smaller on the race version. He has many other unique and rare planes like the HE-100, ME-209, and TA-152 just to name a few. check them out and if feel like building one get one of them.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:15 PM
toysekroll

Thanks Airraptor. I will look it up at face.