Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

5th Annual Trashman Classic SAMs Warbird Race

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

5th Annual Trashman Classic SAMs Warbird Race

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 5th Annual Trashman Classic SAMs Warbird Race

... Update ...

Her YS lives. I don't know how these things seem to work out, but I bought a YS .63s last week off Ebay. While I was waiting on parts to show for Miss B's motor repair, my NIB 63s showed up on my door step. So I just pulled the intake tube and the throttle body off my new motor, put it on her reassembled motor, and fired it up with her dad this morning prior to heading to work. Motor runs great, tuned all three needles, adjusted the valves, and put a new plug in. Miss B's papa has her new plane finshed except for the mounting of the motor so now he can work on that as time allows and have it ready for multiple set up flights tomorrow. Papa finished the plane in the wee hours of the night Wednesday and left it at the foot of her bed so that when she woke she got to see it prior to heading off to school..... how cool is that.

Skids
Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 PM
JPGale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say, papa is a great papa to do something like that, but I think we all can say that Mr D is a great man and just such a nice person.

It will be cool to see Miss B racing this weekend, it was nice to all of you who chipped in a got her back in the air.

Bulldog
Old 09-23-2010, 07:04 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

All loaded up and hitting the freeway. Had a hell of a day today avoiding the boss. Rumor had it he was asking for people to work tomorrow lol. Plan to be out flying most of the day tomorrow with the Macchi and my 1/3 scale Laser. Looking forward to seeing and passing everyone again.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:42 PM
spencer321
My Feedback: (5)

I just wanted to say again, thank you to everone who pitched in to make it so i could race in the trashman classic, it was a great experience with great people and great racing . Hope to see you all at the 2 minute tango in Oct.

-Spencer "The Kid" Corry
Old 09-27-2010, 01:40 PM
JPGale

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you guys up in Sacramento, esp JR for CD'ing the event. As always even though my weekend ended early with the total loss of my bird I had a great time and in the words of our gov "I will be back", for the TMT and next year with an even better gold bird.

See you all soon

James "Bulldog"/"Cowpuppy" (insert as required)
Old 09-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Short story,

I didn't win anything and I had a BLAST doing it!
Only ran gold with my silver FW-190. Broke out with a 1:29:08 on my first race Saturday.
Broke out with a 1:26 and change in my first race on Sunday!
It was fun to see my 190 would go that well.
I think I was in 4th for the weekend.
There were a few casualties as a result of practice and racing. Two midairs, Skids and Speed Racer had a little rendezvous at the north pylon on Saturday. The carnage was considerable.
Poor Steve E. found that a pylon is not to be used as a pivot point as he guided his Miss Foxy Lady around the north pin.
And Bushman in his Red Baron found Allen A's Tsunami at near the same point on the north pylon as the previous days midair between the black Spitfire and the white Macchi.
Strange thing......I was in both of those races that had midairs.

Those that didn't make the Saturday night cookout and BS session are once again at a loss.
I do think that we need to change Bushmans handle to "Stargazer" now. It would be more fitting when he wears his tie-dyed shirts.
Also there were some odd things going on Saturday night after the last of us turned in.
There was a huge amount of TP distributed over the whole of the north pit area and on our various camp sites!
Oh and some foul dog hoisted a Macchi into the rafters of our shade structure!! Can you imagine the horror on the owners face?!?!
Don't worry you don't need to use your imagination..

There's more, but I'll pick up on all that later. Besides others should chime in here also.
More images here http://picasaweb.google.com/komepu/2010_09_26# ,
and here http://picasaweb.google.com/komepu/2010_09_25#
Old 09-27-2010, 05:16 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

What a weekend. I have never had my plane "TP"ed before, but somehow I am not suprised. Well it could have been worse, I could have found it with the wheels missing sitting on a pair of cinder blocks . I guess that is what I get for not staying for the evening BBQ. Needless to say I have learned my lesson . Some stellar pics there. You can even see the fuzzy dice in the cockpit (too cool!). Of course I was getting a little tired of the race shots with me trailing Leadfoot [:@]. Congrats to the winners they deserve respect for some solid racing. Somehow I think I got third place out of a accounting error than any other reason because I flew like S%&$#! For those doing the Tango next month keep those planes together for one more "dance".
Old 09-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Tommy_Gun

Oh, and by the way,
The new timing system worked very nicely!
I didn't hear one complaint about it all weekend long.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:51 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

Heres a complaint.....IT'S TOO ACCURATE!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Tommy_Gun

Waaa Waaa Freakin Waaaa Jake!

And one more thing, I'd like to thank Jim Smith and his wingman Sergio for their assistance in the last year with tech advice and other vital help. My racing season would not have been what it was without their help.
Salute Skids and Serge!
And Marcelo, Bianca,Kimo, Leadfoot, Ricochet,Iron Dog, Trashman and family, The Kid, V-man, C-man and all the other ne'er do wells out there. It's good to hang with all you fine people.
BTW Kimo and Allen, "16 men on a dead mans chest"......
Old 09-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Jimmy Skids

All in all a great year. Thanks to all who competed, worked and contributed. I had a blast!

Made some good friends this year and still have many more to get to know.

On next years list I have to get to know Speed and Trixie better, wasn't much in the talking mood on Saturday. That midair smarted a bit, but then again, rubbing is racing. Funny thing is I never got to show speed my ring tone on my phone..... "speed racer" theme.... and of course while I'm typing this my phone is ringing.

I'll be posting results in the next few days..... stay tuned.

Jimmy Skids
Old 09-29-2010, 02:23 AM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some more pictures of some of the races on Sunday can be found at the link below, if you're interested.

http://picasaweb.google.com/IronDogP...assic926201002#

Thanks for the shots of my plane, Tom. As promised, I took alot of your plane too.

Unfortunately, not too many of my shots have any of you guysoverly close, this time. I guess most of us are getting pretty good at staying away from each other . . . wouldn't you say so Shawn and Jimmy?

It seemed that the close races&/or the near- and not so near- misseshappened when I was stuck repairingmy planes. I had alot of fun, despite the damage to my planes upon theirimpact with the grassy areas on those times I didn't quite"grease" thelandings. It was great to be back, enjoying a piece of the action again! I'm looking forward to actually getting in some practice BEFOREthe races . . .and to actually completing an entire season, next year!

To all the Bay Area guys: Thanks for joining us this season. You added much to the atmosphere and "flavor" of the events. I hope we made you feel as membersof our extended family. You may be right, Mark . . . it may be "a little obnoxious, and at times a little disfunctional", butsimultaneouslyit certainly isa supportive and very fun family!!!! I hope you'll each continue to come down and join us again, next year (or for the Two-Minute Tango). And, I will try to visit your scale racing eventsnext year, as well.

Ollie
Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

That was such a fun weekend! From the racing to the bar-b-que and the friends, everything was great! It was probibly the greatest time I have ever had racing airplanes.

Thank you Tom and Ollie for all the great shots of my airplane. I checked put a couple of the other albums that you have Ollie and I'm a real big fan of the patriotic Leadfoot picture in the favorites album. I didn't know you had that picture. Jake, don't be too upset about the pictures of my plane being in front of yours. I think you finished ahead of me every race except maybe one. I think the break outs were killing everybodys points though.

I hope to see everybody at the two minute tango.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

Thank you Tom and Ollie for all the great shots of my airplane. I checked put a couple of the other albums that you have Ollie and I'm a real big fan of the patriotic Leadfoot picture in the favorites album. I didn't know you had that picture.
Yeah, that one was among the pictures I gave Kim, last year, when she was making that scrapbook for you, to help you remember your first year of racing.Although there is nothing quite like your first time, it would seem that thisis an even better year to remember. Congratulations onyour Bronze class championship win!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Thanks Ollie! I'm still in shock winning the bronze championship. I had a couple races this year where I thought I did horrible but I just tried to put as many points on the board that I could. I guess it still worked out for me. I'm looking forward for next year but I don't think I will forget about this year. It was a great year!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:24 PM
JPGale

Well Casey, I hope next year to see you mixing it up with the boys in Silver.

I will be back next year in gold, I am really excited about the build project for the gold racer and I am looking forward to being able to make a real challenge for the title.

See you at the TMT (I will find something to fly for it)

Bulldog
Old 09-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Ya, that's my plan to go to silver. I'll try my luck at the TMT and next year race silver. I need a YS 110S motor so if you or anybody reading this has one for sell pm me. I have been looking for one for months and I think everybody that has one wants to keep it. They are hard to find!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:52 PM
spencer321
My Feedback: (5)

well i'll be waitin for you in silver casey...
Old 10-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Jimmy Skids

Results:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Wt59277.pdf (11.1 KB, 13 views)