Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Calling all Roban Scale heli owners

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Calling all Roban Scale heli owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 11:13 AM
Levels87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Calling all Roban Scale heli owners

Hi Chaps

I have just had a look at a Roban Bell 407 which has the old main gear dusting and wearing problem and so now a useless heli. I then looked to see if I could get the QuickUK solution to the problem that worked brilliantly. They made a run of helical gears correcting the mesh by changing the tooth count and profile slightly so they worked without any wear. I used them in my Jayhawk and EC135 and they were absolutely perfect. Sadly they are all now sold.

It seems that not every one had the same problem and they were happy with the Roban gears which I certainly wasn't. So... I have contacted Budd from Quick UK and asked him if he would be prepared to do another run of them. He would have to make at least 100 sets which is obviously quite an investment and he wants to know if there are many people out there looking for the solution to this problem. Please reply to this thread if you would want a set. Please also email Budd at [email protected] and let him know and he will keep count. If I can get about 50 interested parties then I could talk him into another production run. Please note that the once available Roban helical gear set didn't address the problem satisfactorily as they didn't change the tooth count or tooth profile. This run will cost about £79 per set so please let me know if you are interested and how many you would like. These are for the 700 and 800 Superscale models.

Regards Jonathan

Last edited by Levels87; 07-22-2023 at 03:55 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 10-02-2023, 09:05 AM
Aerologic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roban helical gear

Hello ,
i need two sets , I’ve send message to quick heli
hope and see….
Old 10-02-2023, 09:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Did he ever commit to making this run?
Old 10-02-2023, 12:42 PM
Levels87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they went into the queue at the manufacturer and will hopefully appear this month.