Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

scale model novice

Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

scale model novice

Old 08-24-2006, 02:40 PM
shaun1012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scale model novice

hi, i was wondering how much a reasonably good scale model would set me back, any suggestions are very welcome. thanks
Old 08-24-2006, 04:18 PM
jez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: scale model novice

if you would count second hand then there are some really good bargains on ebay and such but it is a bit of a risk as to a certain extent you have to take there word for it that its not been crashed ect unless you go to see and pick it up ofcause..
i brought loads of helis (most of them scale) from Germany and Austria for me and other friends and all but one was as described but even the heli that wasnt perfect it only needed a few extra bits to complete it.

my best buy i think was an air wolf 60 vario and it was complete except receiver and i paid about 390 euros..it only needed a little bit of work here and there but it was an apsolut bargain...

you can get new 30s or 50 scale birds though for not a huge amount . you can get a new raptor 30 for aprox £250 and something like a jet ranger for aprox £120..youll still need radio n electronics of cause but id expect you have already got this..