Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Sad News, James Linder Approach Engineering killed

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Sad News, James Linder Approach Engineering killed

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:27 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 357 Likes on 287 Posts
Default Sad News, James Linder Approach Engineering killed

James Linder, who was Approach Engineering passed away in a full scale helicopter crash while flying for the Utah National Guard.

I've corresponded often with James but it was not my privilege to have met him yet.

Prayers on your final flight James, and thanks for all you did for the scale helicopter community and more importantly thanks for serving your country.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...203129,00.html
Old 08-22-2007, 03:30 PM
mrasmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sad News, James Linder Approach Engineering killed

=(

here is more info as well from a local TV station
http://kutv.com/video/?cid=5

just scroll back a page or two in the videos and look for the video's to this story. There is also alot of coverage on a local mine collapse so you'll have to wade through that.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:11 PM
K94max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of puts in all in perspective, doesn't it. Funny how you may not actually "know" a person but through the Internet community forums you "feel" like you know them. As you stated, he has had an impact on many people by using his talents for a hobby that brings so much enjoyment to many of us. More than that though, he used his skills to serve his country in a way few people can and for that we should be grateful.

Possibly the adminstrator of this forum could use this thread for those who wish to do so could leave their thoughts and well-wishes for his family and could then forward the thread (or a printed copy if possible) on to them at a respectful time later on. Just a thought.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:40 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 357 Likes on 287 Posts

I would be happy to do that.