Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

scale heli freak:)update 14th of july

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

scale heli freak:)update 14th of july

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:31 PM
bokken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scale heli freak:)update 14th of july

hey people
my name is stefan ,and im from norway,the land of vikings
im new to this forum,and just wanted to say cheers n hello.
im new to helis,but been into rc cars n boats for about 24 years now..and it was time to get my hands on to some of the heli worldas i have always been mega intrested in helis.

ive recently started to get a little collection going,so im just gonna start of to tell you what helis i have and my plans
hope i get some replys to my thread as im gonna need some amount of help getting started

the first buy to get into stuff was a little nine eagle kestrell 500 sx, just to learn abit about flying.
waiting for a new tail for it as i broke the tail boom by a mistake pulling the heli fromthe floor and i hooked it on a shelf..and it snapped of.

the other one is a 30 size hirobo uh 1b scale heli.got it prettty cheap ,and it is in pretty good condition,got an extra fuselage with the buy..so im happy with that.its gonna be my project..freshen it up and cuddle with it til im able to fly properhere im gonna need advise about parts n stuffhere are some pics

and recently...today actually..i just got myself a align t rex 600 cf..which im gonna build into a airwolf.really want a funkey 50 size airwolf fuselage for it.
bought the heli used..complete kit with everything plus moreand its in very good condition..almost brand new.
no pics of thisone yet

all replys are welcome

cheers people from stefan from norway
Old 07-09-2010, 02:31 PM
SR7172

Default RE: scale heli freak:)update 14th of july

Hi bokken iam not muchinto 30 size all mine areBlade400s but i herd thatthe bigger they thebetter they fly iwish you luck you can see mine on this site under Some pictures of my helis
Old 07-14-2010, 12:32 PM
bokken

hey people
thanx for reply

i have news...i have just "flown" my t rex 600 cf for the first time today.well..flown is a bit of an overstatement..but ive tried to to an liiight hover..and it seems to work pretty good..but im way to nervous to try it more than i did.but im releaved that it works as good as it did
going to post some pics of it pretty soon
Old 07-14-2010, 01:27 PM
bokken

Old 07-25-2010, 10:29 AM
scalehelinut

Welcome, bokken I am a retired Marine and spent some time in Denmark and that area of the world and enjoyed it !! Vikings are fighters I LIKE that !! Nice start on scale heli's so far, I have a Airwolf that has raptor mech. nitro, and I plan to convert to T-rex 600 electric some time soon. T -Rex's are a good way to start for sure, good luck and enjoy the forums!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 03:58 PM
bokken

hey man

cheeeers and thaaank you for kind comments

yeah vikings are the **** hehe.

yeah i like denmark too...nice country,and just a short ferry ride from norway..approx 2.5 hours.popular to go to denmark on vacation.

so your an ex marine..thats cool.

do you have any scale helis yourself..i mean..do you have some pics of em in here?

cheers from stefan,from norway
actually my grand grand grand grand grand father was commanding officer..or what i shall call it..in some of the big viking battles that happend..the battle at stiklestadcheers
Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 PM
scalehelinut

Stefan, Battle @ stiklestad that one escaped me, had to look it up ! battle took place in 9th century norway by a guy named Olaf who is now Saint Olaff He went into battle with 3,600 men his battle cry was Fram ! Fram ! Kristmenn , Krossmenn , Kongsmenn ! translated Forward,Forward, christsmen,crossmen,kingsmen ! How cool is that ! Knowing you have that history in your blood line, Yes I have pics of my heli's I will try and download them here soon. The helis I am working on are Align MD 500 nitro fuse army ver. Also have a A109 aug. for T-rex 600 from RC aerodyne 50 size cobra, Right now I have been working and flying jets, and have missed working and flying my choppers!!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:38 PM
bokken

hey man

sounds cool with the models you have.
hope you post pics of em soon...and i am just happy if you share them on my link here if you want.the more the merrier
cheers man
Old 10-01-2010, 01:08 PM
peerinto

Hi people, Peerinto here. Ya know with all the time, energy & money that we spend and put into this hobby, one would think that the industry would be a little more helpful when it comes to parts for some of the products that they produce. Or at least let people know from the beginning that with a particular heli fuselage that they will not be making any replacement parts. I am saying this because I went and purchased from HeliArtist, now to be fair I won it on e-bay. But still it was from the parent company. I put the thing together and went outside to fly it, It was a sight to see. Airwolf with my T-Rex 500 inside, smiles for miles was had by everyone. Now about five months later as the saying goes, what goes up.

Well people I had a hard landing and then my search for parts began. Now all I needed was the stabilizer for the left and right along with the fins that attach to them. I got in contact with the company (in Hong Kong) and they told me they were very sorry for the mishap but they could sell me another window for the front of the canopy. (Dah) I don't need that. You know, they gave me the impression that I was lying. So now goes my search all over the net and all I find is the parts that I need, are sold out. This has been a year ago. So the company that makes the Airwolf does not make spare parts. By being sold out, I am given the impression that many people are ordering it and they can't keep it in stock, but that's not the answer. They are not making the part. I think the part is something that is needed by many people. Why not make more.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:11 PM
scalehelinut

Peerinto, Supply and Demand that is the name of the game over in china, the last thing on there mind is customer service ! Sorry to hear about the Airwolf. How about making your own out of wood or some plastic ? get some black and white paint and make us all proud here ?
And when you have made your own, you can thumb your nose at those chinese !!
Old 10-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Jay48

Hello,
Just joined myself! Your Hueys look great and I love the idea of an Airwolf Fuse! (I am an ardent fan of Airwolf as well!)
Regards.