Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

How does one build a jet airframe?

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

How does one build a jet airframe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 06:24 AM
DMalyuta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does one build a jet airframe?

Dear All,

I've never before attempted to build a jet airframe, however am looking at designing an F15 sort of aircraft in the near future.

May I request all of those experienced in this field to point to sources (ones available for free, I am not interested in more books seeing as I've recently purchased some hefty ones on aerodynamics) which explicitlydicuss techniques for constructing complex geometry airframes and not the old-school rectangular ones that many non-professionals in the RC design field are used to.

I am particularly interested in the construction of thin wings, nuances like fuselage-wind blends, and compound curves and surfaces which blend two bodies together.

Regards,

Daniel.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:21 AM
amtpdb

Default RE: How does one build a jet airframe?

Daniel:

Take a look on you tube at some Bob TV (Bob Moore). He has just finished building a F105 from plug to flying (10 minutes at a time). He show you all the steps.
Try it, you will like it! Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bttn...re=uploademail .
You may have to cut and paste the link or in the you tube search type in - 105 thunderchief kits #34 to get you started.

Hope this helps

Don
Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 AM
DMalyuta

Default RE: How does one build a jet airframe?

Wow, thank you for the link; looks like I'm going to have another TV show to watch :PRegards,Daniel.