Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Where can I find a 40 or larger size decathlon plan?

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Where can I find a 40 or larger size decathlon plan?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 02:09 PM
rsieminski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find a 40 or larger size decathlon plan?

I've searched and searched, but cannot find a decathlon plan. My intention was to find a shoulder wing aerobatic plan. Not really stuck on this model, but it does look cool, and usually has a symmetrical wing for aerobatics, but will float in for landings. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
--Rick
Old 06-13-2002, 09:50 AM
beepee

Rick,

I think I still have the plans for the 40 sized Nosen Citabria I built a way back. All you would have to do is change the wing to symmetrical and away you go.

Let me know if you would like me to dig them up. Building scratch from Nosen plans would not be a whole lot harder than building one of their kits!

Good luck.

Bedford
Old 06-14-2002, 02:04 AM
rsieminski

That would be great! Do you know the spec on this plane?
Old 06-14-2002, 10:53 AM
beepee

Rick,

Sorry, don't remember, but it is typical for a 40 sized. You might be able to find data through A&A Industries. They still sell the kit (I think) and have a web sight.

It will be a little while before I can get to the plans, but I will get to it asap.

Bedford
Old 06-14-2002, 01:08 PM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Decathlon

Bedford, I think I still have a very old and beaten plan of a Pilot Decathlon 40 size. This is the most accurate Decathlon I've see in years and I kept it for refrence since I've got into larger models. The plan is cracked but it can be fixed or maybe even run some nre copies at Kinkos. It shows ribs and formers. If you are interested I'd go and look foir it. See the bird at http://jg.rcplanet.com/
JG
Old 06-15-2002, 04:38 AM
rsieminski

JGrc,
I couldn't find it on your site, although lots of nice lookin' war birds. Can you post a direct link. I don't know what it is about the Decathlon, I just think they look cool. I hope they fly as good as they look. I'm hoping they're capable of more than lazy flying.
Old 06-21-2002, 04:23 AM
PeterH

Default Citabria Decathelon plan

RCM has what I think is a Decathelon plan. Might give them a call and ask about it.

Sig's original Citabria kit was a Decathelon, in all its symmetrical-wing glory. An airplane can be scratchbuilt off that plan. I had the original kit and eventually sold off the plans and wing ribs to someone who wanted to do just what you wish. I used the rest of the kit combined with later plans to build up a conventional Citabria. Perhaps Sig could cough up a copy of the original plans if you ask.

Good luck.