Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

RCM plan builders?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:12 PM
rcairplanenut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCM plan builders?

I like a lot of the older RCM plans, the Tornado 88 and Dirti Birdi are great. I would like to start a RCM Birdi UFO soon.

SG
Old 07-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I emailed the editors of RCM to find out whether all the plans are still available. All plans are almost finished being scanned, and all are available. I can't say the same for MAN which can not even supply plans which are only 20 years old. Reasons given were: little demand, mylar not good enough to scan. Too bad. Some great plans are lost.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Chris91-inactive

I was wondering if any one here has built plan #1052. Its like a seaplane with the engine mounted high up. Thinking of purchasing it. Also thinking of plan#649 (PBY Catalina) and scaling it up for .45 size engines.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:46 PM
rcairplanenut

BREGUET BRE 790 NAUTILUS 1052 looks interesting, however it looks like it will have a high wing loading with only 401 sq in2 and a .40 engine but if your up to the challenge. Beside the canopy and engine struts every thing else looks straight forward.

SG
Old 09-28-2005, 06:52 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

BTW; It appears to be official...RCM has been sold and most likely the magazine is no more.

However, Plans and books will still be sold.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_31.../anchor/tm.htm

Don
Old 09-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Cutlass 60

I have built a number of RCM designs over the last 36 years, and without exception they all flew very well. Some were better than others, but all gave me much enjoyment. The following is a list of my builds.
Royal Coachman ( built two)
Wayfarer Bipe
Rumplestadt Bipe
Spirit of St. Louis ( Quarter Midget Racer)
Adrenlin +
Square Rigger
Super Sportster Twin
Skywalker 40
4-40 Bipe
Schneider Sport
Leading Edge
Pole star
I am glad to hear that the plan service will still be in effect
Old 10-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Danh4
My Feedback: (5)

Here's a couple of .40 size PZL P11-Cs I'm currently building from a set of RCM plans. The PZL was Poland's first-line fighter in the early days of WW2. So far these have been a pretty easy build, the gull wing is a little complicated but they went together well. One is for me and the other is for a friend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62048.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	332282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14719.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	332283  
Old 10-01-2005, 08:37 PM
KaosDriver

I'm currently working on Don Lowe's Phoenix I from RCM 8/65, a swept-wing, early pattern design. My plans took 3 weeks to arrive, and that's with ordering over the phone and providing a credit card #. I suspected they were in turmoil of some kind, and it appears I was right. I'll be posting progress reports in the Classic Pattern forum soon....Mark p.s. my plans are of fair quality, somewhat fuzzy.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Marlowe
My Feedback: (2)

Do you have CAD plans for the Ryan's Rebel available for downloading?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:55 AM
Auger-1

Ryan,
I just do hope that ur name is ryan b'coz of your model.
i am only 4months in this hobbie and i dont have a trainer. fortunately after 3 crashes, and reading almost everyime about aerodybanics i can already fly without crashing. a few touch and goes made my skill develope a little bit.
the whole pint is: i bought an Rcm magazine the issue was i think 2002 but im not sure, i saw your ryan's rebel which is the real reason why i played this R.C. After three tries of frustrated building your rebel through your plan i decided to look for you through the internet. and thank God i am writing you this letter. i realy need your help ryan. Since the plan in the magazine is realy not clear b'coz there are two pages on it and the sizes of both fuse and wings in differnt pages are not the same thats why i cannot get a perfect top view and side viw during the enlargement of it. By the Way my name is django im 22 years old and im a student here in Silliman University in the philippines. thats why i realy like to build instead of buying ARFs. since it is too expensive here in the philippines. i cant even make an acces to the U.S.A for me to buy there. I realy wish you can help me out with this by sending me the plan of your rebel through my e-mail if its ok. my e-mail is [email protected] i realy wish you can help me out with this one. i realy find your rebel will be the best airplane for me and hopefully become my new friend as well as you are. Please help me out with this. thank you verry much and i hope to here somethin from you. God Bless and have a nice flying c",)
Old 11-09-2005, 07:28 AM
aerospot

I was given a set of RCM Sr. Telemaster plans about 10 years ago. Decided to build it over the 2001-2002 winter. Nice stable flyer.
I intend to make it a tug and mount a sailplane cradle on top of the wing.

Name:	Vt56497.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	351257  
Old 09-23-2007, 08:14 PM
gittarpikk

Hi,
I had a rumplestadt also but was scammed out of it by a shady mini storage operator. Do you happen to have plans of it or where I could get them ..RCM cant seem to find record or even remember the plane. I was introduced to it in 1972 by a fellow club memmber who built it and it wa the coolest bipe around...the Knoxville club even had a pylon race for just rumplestadts later in approx 1990 or so, I ran across that very plane owned by yet another club member..and I promply traded him out of it.. but then I lost it in the mini storage scam. I ran across it yet again and
Old 12-01-2007, 09:46 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I have built two and now working on the third one. The first one was the Denight
Special #142 one of there earlier plans. I still have it. It's a quick plane and a good
flyer. The second was Pokey #369. Pokey turn out to heavy and tail heavy and it's
life was short. I think now I could have done a lot better job on it. I still have the
plans maybe try it again sometime. The third a giant scale Taylorcraft #778
that I am working on now and hope to have it done by spring.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

I'm building Mike Pastro's F-18 Pusher 0.40 from RCM plans #1090. [link=http://www.rcmmagazine.com/store/store-plans-catalog-tem.html?item=plansl-1090&sid=0001ufmuwnZx1Vs41Q2E3B8]Mike Pastro's F-18 Pusher[/link] I would like to have it painted like the 2002 Anniversary Edition in my avitar. I do the simplified design, no retracts and mostly flat surfaces for now.

Name:	Li21022.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	816491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32187.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	816492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41729.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	816493  
Old 12-01-2007, 11:31 PM
draftman1

Ive got the Twin Star 15 plan, ready to go. I just scaned it from the magazine and imported it into autocad, I printed it out to the size I wanted, just a hair bigger for a pair of .20's. it is very similar to the hobbico twin star. it looks like an easy builder I used to study the RMC plans for hours, I sure learned alot from them
Old 12-02-2007, 09:21 AM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

To RGM,

If you are still following this thread. I would be interested in any
information about the George Smith T-170. I have looked at this
plane ever since it appeared in rcm. Maybe make it my next build.

Thanks