Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

EA-6B Plans?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 10:26 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EA-6B Plans?

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has or has seen any plans for an EA-6B. I would like to build one, but I think I am going to have to design it myself. [X(] I have never designed a plane before but they say, necessity is the mother of invention. I am looking for something along 1/6 scale or smaller (I can always size up right?) for a P120 size turbine. If anyone knows of any let me know. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EA-6B Plans?

Seem to me there was a set for download purposes at one of the Russian plan web sites. They were copied from some magazine. Perhaps someone here might know the address to the site.

Wm.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:42 AM

Found reference to the site.
Close as I can come to it is at this URL:

http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw_an.html

Wm.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:19 PM

CoosBayLumber,
Thanks for the link. I have previously visited that site as well. I was looking for something already done, with formers and templates already drawn. May have to be the first to do this. Thanks for the link, though. It has a lot of cool planes in there to choose from.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:01 PM

Oh, a local friend of mine did several for the movie Flight of the Intruder back a few years ago. Even then, he could not find any information as to proportions. He had to use the swagger of the movie studio in order fot the Navy to ship him something. As for when he tried, they said "Who are you?"

Wm.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:37 PM

I received what amounts to the same from Grumman when I asked them for some help as well. Spouted something about liability and stuff. [:@] It's amazing that you can't even get stuff from the designers because they are afraid that you will sue them if you crash it. Gotta love this world. LOL. I have access to the aircraft maintenance manuals for said aircraft but unfortunately they don't have any drawings of the stations. I could probably get them but they would be huge and many, as they are only drawn for the section it pertains to. So one station drawing may actually be made up of ten other drawings. [:'(]. I just received some help from another member so all may not be lost. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

shane, please post what you come up with here. i have been looking for sometime for plans myself but haven't been successful, yet. i would like to build one of these myself as i flew them in the navy for 5 years. one of my goals in this hobby is to reproduce all of the aircraft i've flown over the years including the Prowler.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:25 PM

Tubig,
Will do. You would have by chance flown the A-6 Intruder? If so, JetMartUSA sells a huge one of those. If worse comes to worse I guess I could buy one of those and Kit bash it into an EA-6B. I just can't justify spending over $1500 to start hacking and sawing on it. [:'(] My plan is to make a 1/10th scale, and get it flying then scale down to about 1/7th scale. By my calculations that would make it about 101" long with a wingspan of 90". I may have to go a little smaller on both though. That's a pretty cool idea of yours, building all the aircraft you've flown. This is the only way I can afford to fly. LOL.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not the a-6, just the ea.

i would prefer to build from plans myself if that is possible. i'm not a designer, though, so i don't think i could drum up my own set. a 90" ws would be nice. bashing an a-6 into a ea-6 would be quite a job. you know, the ea-6 landed on the back side of the power curve....you were constantly on the edge of stall while landing. i've often wondered how well (or not well) that would translate into a model.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:49 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Eric Meyes has a ducted fan version of the A-6. Meys Hi tech Hobby Danbury CT 203-743-7259
Old 06-26-2004, 12:17 PM

Thanks HalH,
If you click on the underlined ducted fan word in your post it takes you to Kress Jets website. If you click on the aircraft link it takes you to the A-6. Now, this might be another starting point.