Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

P-51 Mustang giant scale

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 09:20 AM
Avinoam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-51 Mustang giant scale

I have the plans of Dan Santich P-51 (WS: 101") and I'm looking for comments from someone who built it. Any comments are welcomed.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Sayagain

Default RE: P-51 Mustang giant scale

Hello Avinoam,
I know this thread ist very old but in case you built this plane I have some questions.
I´m building it right now and I wonder if the incidence (+0.4) of the wing is correct.
Do you have any experience with this model? If yes, I would be glad if you making any comment about the incidence of your bird.

Thanks for you help

Werner "Sayagain"
Old 12-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Curta101

This would be my first large scale scratch build! I was reading online about some santich plans and. Many said to stay clear of this plans set??? I have tail feathers done, started on fuse.. I can see some real probs coming up. Ordered a set of the ziroli plans and was waiting to compare!?any pics of your tail ass. At fuselage would be real helpful.. Thanks, curt!!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Sayagain

Dear Curt,
I made this post nearly one year ago. The Mustang is not yet finished so I cannot tell you something about flight characteristics. I have built the elevator, the wings and the fuselage. Presently Iīm working on the cowl. I will use a MVVS 58 engine for power this warbird and itīs not easy to install engine, muffler, tank etc. in this narrow front end.
I made a two piece wing for easy transportation joint with a alloy tube. The retracts come from HK China. I ordered 3 retracts and plan to install the steerable as a tailwheel retract.
I will send you some pictures in the next days. If you have problems, fell free to describe the problems an I will help.
I have build several big planes and they all flew well. I started with the AT6 from Ziroli. I wasnīt easy to built for me as an beginner, but I still fly it and itīs a great design. If I had the choise between Ziroli and Santich I would always prefer Ziroli. As far as I know the Ziroli modells are all solid wood contructions and great flyer. I only hesitate to order because of the high shipping costs to Germany.
As promised I will send you some pictures.
Sorry for my bad English.
See you
Werner

Left Wing Wings joint Fuselage with engine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1696.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	1963663   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1703.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1963664   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1830.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1963665  

Last edited by Sayagain; 01-30-2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Pictures
Old 11-10-2023, 08:57 AM
claudio ramon

Location: la victoria de acentejosanta cruz de tenerife , SPAIN
Default manual

Good afternoon, by chance, this plane has an assembly manual.