Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

How to correctly print the files from this website?

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

How to correctly print the files from this website?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:05 AM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to correctly print the files from this website?

I ran across a web site:
http://aero.land.free.fr/aeroplan/aero-plan.htm
which is in french and has plans for free to download. These files are .gif in format and are zipped. As it turns out the plans are tiled which is not a problem itself but the image shown does not appear to be 8.5"X11" format. Looks more like 9.5" X 14" to me yet being european I suspect that is only a close guess to the actual format used there.
Add to this the print goes all the way to the edge (or so it appears to me) of the paper and my printer will not do that.

I could handle a whole image so much easier as I have a wonderful tiling program of my own. It will not however take tiles and assemble them.

Suggestions anyone?

Robert
Old 04-12-2007, 07:37 PM
aerowoof

Default RE: How to correctly print the files from this website?

use legal size paper,change it under properties
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
build light

Thanks!

Robert
Old 04-12-2007, 11:43 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

being french, it might be in the "A4" format, which i know is larger than our N. AMerican "letter" standard...
Old 04-13-2007, 08:23 PM
build light

That is why I posed this question. I do not know which way to go. All I know for sure is that the images I have downloaded seem to be ready tiled and ready to print and too that the image looks far too long to fit on eight and half by eleven inch paper. As yet this is the only size paper I have so I have not tried to print yet.

Has anyone else actually tried this yet?

If it turns out to be A4 europen standard, what will I need to do to work around this?

Robert
Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 AM
propjet
My Feedback: (68)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a suggestion, Kinko's may be able to print on A4 paper
Old 04-15-2007, 10:16 AM
aerowoof

I downloaded the micro pits it was already in pdf format and the bellanca was in gif format the entire page.what plan are you saying is tiled and I will try it and tell you the size.I have adobe acrobat that I can print a drawing as a pdf file to almost any size
Old 04-15-2007, 10:27 AM
aerowoof

ok I have the pixie plan which was a zipped file and in adobe photoshop is shows the image size as 6" by 9 1/2" so it should fit on 81/2 by 11 with no problem just make sure you have it scaled at 100% and do not have fit to paper checked off.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:25 PM
build light

Thanks aerowoof, My eyes could understand the ratio and tell it wasn't right. However thanks for the heads up on the actual dimensions. Yes that will obviously fit on my paper easily.

Yes the Pixie was one. The Pepper, Pokey and Mini Kestral were others. Also the Plinker which I would like to enlarge but since it is in 15 pieces... If it were a single image I could enlarge it and tile it for printing myself. No problem!
I could use this program to enlarge all 15 pages but imagine having to measure and cut a board that you wanted to be exactly the same size as the other 14 of them and yet you had to measure each board 15 individual times and rely on each one to be exactly right so thgey would all match perfectly when done. The program I have will take a single image however and scale it the same, or up, or down as needed and tile it so that you can print it on whatever printer you have.

Robert