Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

3D Hot Hots plans

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 09:47 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3D Hot Hots plans

Does anyone know where I can get plans for the 3D Hot Hots? I went to the website (http://www.dansantichmodels.net/3dhothots.html) but I couldn't find any way to order online. I sent an e-mail last week but haven't gotten any response. I also noticed the plane was featured in the May issue of Model Airplane News. They don't have the plans for sale on their web site either that I can find. Any ideas? I guess my next step is to call the number shown on dansantichmodels.com
Old 05-07-2007, 11:13 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 3D Hot Hots plans

RCM Plans service. Dan Santich Hot Hots, Plan number 1305. Happens to be one of my favorite planes. Featured in RCM on January 2002. Very easy to build, also easy modify design. I put counter balances on my rudder and elevator.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:14 PM
ChuckW

Thanks, I've seen those plans and I will probably order them. I'm not sure if the 3D version is exactly the same though. One way to find out I guess.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
ChuckW

Well, I called the number on the site and Steve Santich answered. I have a set of plans and a short kit coming.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:08 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck,

Glad you found what you are wanting. If you buy the Hot Hots plans from RCM be aware that it builds a little tail heavy so use lightening techniques on the tail of the 1305 plans. I think all the Hots designs have a good reputation and you'll enjoy whichever version you build.