Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Corby Starlet

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:51 PM
corsaircrazy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Corby Starlet

OK... I did a boo boo and dropped my corby on the deck, upside down.... ouch!!!! I busted the canopy a little in the windshield area... anyone have a canopy I can buy.??.. Global doesnt have any parts for this... no one has... (sports avaition giant scale Corby Starlet)

I can fly it with some packing tape holding the pieces together, but it looks like shi**!! and I am afraid it will blow off.

I am using a Saito 180, but need 2.5 lbs of lead in the nose to balance. I have a Saito 300 twin, but need to figure out a way to make it fit ... its too long. cylinders fit fine. will try to fabricate mounts to fit.

If anyone has a line on a canopy.... please let me know...
Thanks
CC
Old 01-19-2010, 11:55 AM
stevelesl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone still watching this forum topic ?.
i am in dire need of a canopy cowl and wing joining tube for the giant starlet 180, willing to pay good price if you happen to have these
Old 02-10-2011, 07:12 AM
redball8
My Feedback: (128)

Tates advertises they have them for $50, but it will ship from Oz. See http://www.rcworld.com.au/products/i...acturers_id=48

- RB8
Old 01-12-2012, 02:03 PM
corsaircrazy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found the plane... but no parts. Do they still have parts for this?

Corsaircrazy
Old 01-12-2012, 05:37 PM
redball8
My Feedback: (128)

Global Hobby had provided parts support for the Sportsman Aviation ARFs. Here's a link to the parts that remain http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/part/127532.asp. Note that they're out of cowls and canopies, which are the usual parts needed. They seem to have wheel pants, though!

If it isn't here, then you're looking to ship from from one of the hobby shops in Oz. For examples, Tates has the cowl - http://www.rcworld.com.au/corby-small-cowl-only.html.

Most folks just fix them up. I've a plug for the 52/70 canopy, for example.