Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

First water flight for Budman27

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

First water flight for Budman27

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 06:48 AM
BUDMAN27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First water flight for Budman27

Well I made my first flight on water last week. I used a 80" Cub. The take off was good. Flying was a little different than I'm uses to. I had to use a lot of rudder to get her to come about. My landing was not so good. I would post pics but my computer died. I'm on my IPad. Anyway I got her close to the water and thought this should be easy. Well it was ,but I didn,t have the rear sap port on strong enough. So it came loose and caused the plane to go nose in. She floated to the other side of the lake. I have beefed up the landing gear now. Just waiting for the weather to co operate. Anyway this water flying is Fun.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: First water flight for Budman27

Old 05-26-2011, 12:06 PM
BUDMAN27

Thanks minnflyer. Well I made my #2 flight this morning. It was much better due to I have the innsadence (angle of the dangle) rite this time. She dead stocked (to lean and bearing old) but the landing was enough to get me hooked on sea plains. I love it when a plan comes together. Sending wives outer off for repairs soon so I will be able to show pics latter. Man why didn't you guys tell me this stuff is so fun. I would of given up racing a long time ago.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:51 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Budman !! On your landings, look at the floats not the plane, you should get really hooked after a few grease jobs and they are easy on water. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Oberst
Banned

Flying from water can be very addicting. I have one that's a Seaplane and now I'll be having 2 next week.

Enjoy Budman27!

Pete
Old 05-26-2011, 05:17 PM
BUDMAN27

I meant I was sending my wife,s computer off for repair so latter I can post pics. Man I really need to start prof reading. The power wires on the back of our house cote on fire ,with fry her computer. Thanks for telling me about watching the floats on landing Red Head.